Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea vs Burnley

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The distance Heaton gets and the speed really helps Burnley compared to Ryan who at times can’t get it to halfway

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crikey it’s been a very long list of bought and borrowed forwards in the Amex era.

Are those three and Ulloa the ones that came up with goals in the 8 years?
Forgive me Leo, for it is late!!

Yet I defy you to name one AMEX era centre back who has been as bad as the 'best of the rest' centre forwards.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Chelsea showing their class at the end

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Dyche is such a ****ing hypocrite. They were desperately flagging in those last 15 so what do Burnley do? TWICE their players go down with cramp, the rest of the players go to the bench therefore wasting more time for them to get back in position, one of their players feigns injury from a corner to waste more time. Is all part of the game you say (I'd argue claiming cramp twice in a league game is a first) but the problem is Dyche is so bloody holy about morals of the game and what opponents do. Ginger gravel voice Warnock. That said they are bloody competitive and always punch above their weight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dyche is such a ****ing hypocrite. They were desperately flagging in those last 15 so what do Burnley do? TWICE their players go down with cramp, the rest of the players go to the bench therefore wasting more time for them to get back in position, one of their players feigns injury from a corner to waste more time. Is all part of the game you say (I'd argue claiming cramp twice in a league game is a first) but the problem is Dyche is so bloody holy about morals of the game and what opponents do. Ginger gravel voice Warnock. That said they are bloody competitive and always punch above their weight.

You’ve just described Cardiff and Warnock .... cheating, anti football. (Except at the Amex, where they played football in spells).

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
The distance Heaton gets and the speed really helps Burnley compared to Ryan who at times can’t get it to halfway

Don’t think Ryan is the problem. Box to box midfielders and two lively guys up front are the difference. Burnley has to defend yes, but they were always in the game because they break in numbers and at pace. Looking forward to seeing a shot at goal tomorrow night at Spurs or maybe not. Lol

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
At the game. More boos ringing out than at Brighton last week. Still finishing 5th.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Don’t think Ryan is the problem. Box to box midfielders and two lively guys up front are the difference. Burnley has to defend yes, but they were always in the game because they break in numbers and at pace. Looking forward to seeing a shot at goal tomorrow night at Spurs or maybe not. Lol

I don't disagree apart from Ryan puts the ball too often inside our own half allowing the opposition to attack the ball and put us under immediate pressure again. If you watched tonight the ball went at least 15 yards into Chelsea's half, often with a challenge. We don't even reach Murray.

Away from home we need to play 442 this allows an out ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here