Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Genuinely baffled why, with Gross out for so long and our team setup to play with a #10, we haven't pushed him forward and played Kayal alongside Stephens more this season. Genuinely don't get it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Genuinely baffled why, with Gross out for so long and our team setup to play with a #10, we haven't pushed him forward and played Kayal alongside Stephens more this season. Genuinely don't get it.
Yep he plays this role with Holland and actually scores to. CH know best though.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep he plays this role with Holland and actually scores to. CH know best though.

Well to be fair we have been really successful since we switched to 4-3-3.

Wait, hang on...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Davy is a better player than he's showing at the moment. But he has a question to answer about his bottle. Yes he can play pretty passes with the outside of his foot, but can he influence a niggly game when we're bang out of form and the opposition manager has targeted you as someone who doesn't fancy a confrontation. Over to you Davy, you'll get to answer the question tomorrow

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Davy is a better player than he's showing at the moment. But he has a question to answer about his bottle. Yes he can play pretty passes with the outside of his foot, but can he influence a niggly game when we're bang out of form and the opposition manager has targeted you as someone who doesn't fancy a confrontation. Over to you Davy, you'll get to answer the question tomorrow

He makes the fifth most tackles in our team, the fourth most interceptions and makes the sixth most number of fouls. He gets as stuck in as anyone else, he just looks much classier than everyone else in our team and tends to be in the right place a lot more to pick up second balls. So I've no idea where anyone gets this idea from that he's not up for a fight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

simple really because the man who decides CH thinks Bissouma is better played forward and Propper alongside Stephens than Kayal anywhere in midfield

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
In my opinion he is out classiest midfielder. The issue is that he is shackled by this formation. He has looked at his best on the rare occasions that he has been allowed to get forwards

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I find Propper frustrating. The potential is there to be class. But I find myself thinking in games, where is he? Then he makes a pass, that no one else in the team can make and I think "that's international quality", then he goes back to being carried by the team.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In my opinion he is out classiest midfielder. The issue is that he is shackled by this formation. He has looked at his best on the rare occasions that he has been allowed to get forwards

If true, no wonder we're in trouble.

Unless you're an exceptional player (Vicente, Pirlo, Le Tissier), having pace and mobility is vital to ACM's/no.10's. Unfortunately Propper has none. When opponents counter attack us, we get overloaded.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He makes the fifth most tackles in our team, the fourth most interceptions and makes the sixth most number of fouls. He gets as stuck in as anyone else, he just looks much classier than everyone else in our team and tends to be in the right place a lot more to pick up second balls. So I've no idea where anyone gets this idea from that he's not up for a fight.

Did you not see him completely bottle a challenge on Saturday at 0-0?

Not strong enough.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't think he's that slow, trouble is more that he's tactically stifled and playing in a position he's not comfortable with, both he and Gross are the only 2 players we have capable of weighted precise passes into space for a striker of Murrays pedestrianised agility to get to and score from. He should play at the head of a midfield trio, or as a pair of advanced midfielders with Gross, free to pass, shoot or feet a lone striker. Given the general crapulence of our wingers we should just play one, free to switch sides.

If true, no wonder we're in trouble.

Unless you're an exceptional player (Vicente, Pirlo, Le Tissier), having pace and mobility is vital to ACM's/no.10's. Unfortunately Propper has none. When opponents counter attack us, we get overloaded.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think he's that slow, trouble is more that he's tactically stifled and playing in a position he's not comfortable with, both he and Gross are the only 2 players we have capable of weighted precise passes into space for a striker of Murrays pedestrianised agility to get to and score from. He should play at the head of a midfield trio, or as a pair of advanced midfielders with Gross, free to pass, shoot or feet a lone striker. Given the general crapulence of our wingers we should just play one, free to switch sides.

On Saturday we saw fans favourite Andone, outdo 35 year old Muzza, for pedestrianised forward's play.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here