Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF Cardiff turn us over on Tuesday...

If Cardiff beat us on Tuesday, will they finish above us?

• Yes - we'd go down

Votes: 234 81.5%
  • No - we still have enough about us to stay up

Votes: 53 18.5%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
3 Points against Cardiff
1 Point against Wolves
3 Points against Newcastle

There's our 40 points

Are you on drugs?
Can I have some?
:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The trouble is the club really needs to stay in the Premier for financial reasons or we end up making huge losses year after year.

We can’t stay in the PL for long though, we have a relatively small budget and a poor first team. TB/PB would know that know that, it’s the economics of the PL.

The only way round that is to do a Parish or Wolves, by keep buying proven players on amazing wages and you get lucky with some of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That team I saw play yesterday are not picking up another point all season and I expect Cardiff to get 7 so we’re down.

Yes, that's how I see it too.

Unless we sack CH after the Carduff defeat.

If we draw against Carduff we may well stay up.

If we sack CH afterwards.

If we beat Carduff then we probably ought to sack CH to allow more time to recruit the successor (assuming we don't already have one lined up).

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The trouble is the club really needs to stay in the Premier for financial reasons or we end up making huge losses year after year.

Why? If we have one big advantage over Fulham, say, it is that TB is prepared for relegation. There are parachute payments and I suspect some get out clauses with expensive players. I would be more confident of Brighton getting out of Championship next season than staying in PL.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why? If we have one big advantage over Fulham, say, it is that TB is prepared for relegation. There are parachute payments and I suspect some get out clauses with expensive players. I would be more confident of Brighton getting out of Championship next season than staying in PL.

I absolutely wouldn’t. It’s hugely competitive

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think we only 2 more points, but 1 has to come against Cardiff.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The more I think and stare at the table the more convinced I am that Cardiff will turn us over, how can Hughton lift that team after Saturday and that performance ???

This! They will smell blood. We were humiliated and whilst they lost too they should have had two penalties and particularly the 5 Live report suggested they gave Burnley a hard game and were unfortunate not to get anything out of it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Many teams have thought the same and come unstuck.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

We’ve also supposedly been ‘Premier League Ready’ for years yet look far from it on the pitch this season.

The Championship is incredibly difficult to get out of, I would not be at all confident of going up. Can’t risk going down.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
We'd go down and rightly so if that's the case. It'd be just like us to rely on having to beat Man City to stay up on the last day!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Lose to Cardiff and we're gone. Draw or win and I'm sure we will be fine. Lets make it like the Wednesday play off game.

I can’t see anything but a ‘come on then, prove us wrong’ type atmosphere from our non partisan crowd.

There will be too many expecting us to win because it’s “ONLY Cardiff” and I fear that the worm has turned and the crowd are much more on the fence about CH than at any prior point in his tenure.

I’ll be trying my best from the middle of WSU to gee up the programme reading, uber critical silent masses but I don’t live in hope that there’s much spirit anywhere in the camp right now including the fans.

This is going to be a car crash.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I can’t see anything but a ‘come on then, prove us wrong’ type atmosphere from our non partisan crowd.

There will be too many expecting us to win because it’s “ONLY Cardiff” and I fear that the worm has turned and the crowd are much more on the fence about CH than at any prior point in his tenure.

I’ll be trying my best from the middle of WSU to gee up the programme reading, uber critical silent masses but I don’t live in hope that there’s much spirit anywhere in the camp right now including the fans.

If Cardiff score first the place is going toxic and warnock will be telling his side that. We simply cannot afford anything other than a controlling Albion performance. We know what’s coming though don’t we this is Brighton we don’t do easy

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

I’m starting to get very worried that you could be right.
I’ll be trying from the left side of WSU, but I don’t want to upset those who dislike other fans showing a but if passion

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We’ve also supposedly been ‘Premier League Ready’ for years yet look far from it on the pitch this season.

The Championship is incredibly difficult to get out of, I would not be at all confident of going up. Can’t risk going down.

This. We have assembled a championship ready squad though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here