Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We've also got many many more civil servants in this country (all un-elected) than the entire employees of the EU.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's ten fold.

Without checking, and I will go and do that in a minute, I think you are talking utter codswallop!

Done my checking and WOW! My ghast is flabbergasted, although with hindsight I guess the EU just delegate their workload down to national government employees to instigate.

Last edited:

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
That’s strange. Despite working alongside colleagues from France, Switzerland, Italy, Holland, Greece, Austria amongst others, I’ve never once heard the term.

Maybe we just move in different circles?

I didn't reply to your post as I found it amazing that you and others had not heard the term Germany Inc with referernce to the EU.As you say maybe we move in different circles,who knows.Just to pose a question regarding the power of Germany within the EU.I would ask you if Germany left the EU next do you think the EU would last a week without its King?I suspect that such is the power/control that Germany has within the EU that it would collapse like the proverbial deck of cards.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I hate to say I told you so from the very beginning but......
Our politicians, ministers and civil service was never going to allow this to happen, but if it does, sometime in the future, thanks to our politicians it will be on a disastrous deal for this country.
I thought it may work if we all pulled together as one with the EU but that was never going to happen, resulting in this mess.
And all the time, outside of Brexit the country, on many fronts is falling apart.
Well played Parliament, if anyone still trusts and believes that politicians are for the people then you need some serious help.
Somehow, it's now time to get rid of them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Come off it. You don’t really believe that. Even ardent Remainers admit / can see the EU made it incredibly hard simply by doing nothing (mainly because it didn’t have to, which you’ve got begrudgingly admire as a strategy even if you are pro-leave)

So you say/do something stupid.

So you agree that they haven't done anything. They couldn't do anything because we couldn't (and still can't) tell them what it is we actually want.

What are they supposed to do, use psychic powers to guess what we want. They, like so many of the UK population, have been bemused bystanders watching this whole entirely predictable narrative of a complete clusterf*** play out.

But of course it's their fault :facepalm:

It is explained to you in simple terms that you have said/done something stupid.

When? WHEN?! Will many realise that the patronising (you know what that means, right?!) etc approach to getting people onside doesn’t work? You’ve gotta be stupid, really stupid, not to have learnt this over the past 4 years.

It finally dawns on you that you have said/done something stupid.

But it's all someone else's fault. I can't help feeling we have been here before ???

*edit* No wonder I thought I'd been here before, here's a post from a few months back
I'm glad to see someone else is having the same problems.

I love the way you have to repeatedly explain things time and time again, each time getting simpler until it eventually dawns on them. At this point the standard response is that you have become 'patronising' :lolol:

Last edited:

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Our politicians, ministers and civil service was never going to allow this to happen, but if it does, sometime in the future, thanks to our politicians it will be on a disastrous deal for this country.
I thought it may work if we all pulled together as one with the EU but that was never going to happen, resulting in this mess.
And all the time, outside of Brexit the country, on many fronts is falling apart.
Well played Parliament, if anyone still trusts and believes that politicians are for the people then you need some serious help.

There is a lot of truth in what you say.Regardless of which side one is on there is no doubt politicians are now less respected than ever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a lot of truth in what you say.Regardless of which side one is on there is no doubt politicians are now less respected than ever.

Less respected? That is putting it mildly. Some of them have shown they're not fit to operate a tea machine, let alone sit in judgement in Parliament.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Come on all you Tory Brextremists, get off the fence and vote for May's deal!!!

Surely you want your lies about vassalage you told us about in the 2016 referendum to come true, don't you?

Who needs MEP's to fight for our interests, a veto and all that, man up...

As for the DUP, you got your billion didn't you? Show some appreciation...

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So what time will the EU blink today ?

I bet Theresa May has got it all planned. 9 Threaten the German Car Industry, 10.30 Warn the Italians about their Prosecco, 12 Tell the french that we can make Brie in Somerset.

Should be all over by 2. I've been told enough times that it would go right to the wire, so I've got my Humble Pie sliced and ready.

Do you think I should start a Poll for what time today the EU realise they need us more than we need them and say 'have whatever you want' ?

(And then another 3 years of us arguing with ourselves while we try and decide what it was we wanted in the first place :lolol:)

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So (and, believe me, I'm not defending any of them) if the politicians, ministers and civil service had let Brexit happen, what do you think we would now be doing.

Staying in the Customs Union or putting a hard border in NI/Ireland ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My prediction FWIW:

The WA will pass today, as self-interest on the part of duplicitous far-right Tories, and corruption and bribery on the part of the DUP, edge it over the line. May will bow out, feted as a martyr by the press despite all her abject failures.

BigGully, 2Profs, JCFC, and most especially Bakerlite will be all over it celebrating 'WINNING' a toothless net-loss Brexit that they've all denounced repeatedly as the worst of all outcomes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, I didn't.

There were two choices and most people chose to leave.

You don't seem to know the difference between a majority of a sample of the population and 'most people'. You might as well say that because there are more women than men in the UK, 'most people are women'. FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here