Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m not getting into this again. It’s bullshit. I’ve been to Everton, Huddersfield, Anfield, OT, West Ham, WBA replay this season alone. I went to Fulham but had to spend £50 on a neutral ticket. I’m going to Chelsea. Yet I’m still no where near the ‘top’ 1000 and never will be, as it’s a closed shop, these fans keep their points up even if they go to the matches or not. As the Millwall match proved. I’m f’ing sure that as soon as the new WHL tickets go on sale I’ll get nowhere near that either.

I agree you need a system but this one is elitist, England operate a 80%-20% for away games. 80% for points, 20% ballot. It is far fairer.

Bollox I’ve been drawn into this again.

If you are so way off the top tiers then you can’t have been regularly attending home and away games for much time. Everyone I know in the top tiers has years of service behind them....which is how they got their points. But, as I say, you can move up through the ranks. I know friends who have done this.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No, but you need a chance to break into it. There is no chance to get into their top tier of this system if you are not already in it. Then you can’t go to a significant amount of away games, can’t add enough points, thus a viscous circle.

I would be less annoyed with this system if you couldn’t game it. Names should be printed on all away tickets for all matches and there should be random ID checks.

What are you talking about? Same faces at away games every week. People dont buy tickets and not go! Well very few would.

You can break into the top tier, as has been pointed out before. You sound very bitter... there cant have been many away games where anyone with a small amount of LP couldn't have got a ticket for this year..

People weren't moaning for Rotherham away on a Tuesday night...... Funny that!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I’m not getting into this again. It’s bullshit. I’ve been to Everton, Huddersfield, Anfield, OT, West Ham, WBA replay this season alone. I went to Fulham but had to spend £50 on a neutral ticket. I’m going to Chelsea. Yet I’m still no where near the ‘top’ 1000 and never will be, as it’s a closed shop, these fans keep their points up even if they go to the matches or not. As the Millwall match proved. I’m f’ing sure that as soon as the new WHL tickets go on sale I’ll get nowhere near that either.

I agree you need a system but this one is elitist, England operate a 80%-20% for away games. 80% for points, 20% ballot. It is far fairer.

Bollox I’ve been drawn into this again.

How many loyalty points do you have?

I actually can't see many of the regular away fans (typically highest loyalty points) going for this, as pubs such as the green man are probably more appealing. Then there is also the fans who may want to go, but have friends coming who may not have points high enough for tickets to Boxpark, so will settle for another pub. I think this will go down to 'All STH's - Could be wrong!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, but you need a chance to break into it. There is no chance to get into their top tier of this system if you are not already in it. Then you can’t go to a significant amount of away games, can’t add enough points, thus a viscous circle.

I would be less annoyed with this system if you couldn’t game it. Names should be printed on all away tickets for all matches and there should be random ID checks.

You are talking nonsense.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People weren't moaning for Rotherham away on a Tuesday night...... Funny that!

I was moaning. But this is because I was there, it was freezing, and we lost 2-0. I wonder if [MENTION=25249]Milano[/MENTION] was?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If you are so way off the top tiers then you can’t have been regularly attending home and away games for much time. Everyone I know in the top tiers has years of service behind them....which is how they got their points. But, as I say, you can move up through the ranks. I know friends who have done this.

Where did I say I’m way off? Way off top 1000 I think so yes. I’m on just over 300 points. Got nowhere near Millwall which was 2000 tickets, I’m using that as the benchmark by which I’d also be even further off 1000 tickets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where did I say I’m way off? Way off top 1000 I think so yes. I’m on just over 300 points. Got nowhere near Millwall which was 2000 tickets, I’m using that as the benchmark by which I’d also be even further off 1000 tickets.

Okay. If you’re on just over 300 then stick with it, another season of so of going to all the home games and a handful of the les attractive aways you will have cracked it....like my friends.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You are completely wrong.

I've been "top tier" for a while but I've largely taken the season off with regard to away games and I've now slipped into the second tier, as is only right.

Conversely, I know [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] struggled for some tickets last season as he wasn't top tier. This year he has been to just about every away game (if not every away game) and has clawed himself into the top tier where he now gets first refusal - once again as is absolutely right.

If you have a season ticket and are prepared to put the miles in, you will grind your way to the top tier, and probably sooner rather than later.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

Millwall loyalty points went down to 277 points so not sure how you didn't get close with over 300 points.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
You are completely wrong.

I've been "top tier" for a while but I've largely taken the season off with regard to away games and I've now slipped into the second tier, as is only right.

Conversely, I know [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] struggled for some tickets last season as he wasn't top tier. This year he has been to just about every away game (if not every away game) and has clawed himself into the top tier where he now gets first refusal - once again as is absolutely right.

If you have a season ticket and are prepared to put the miles in, you will grind your way to the top tier, and probably sooner rather than later.

Do the club publish how many people are in each tier?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Those with 277+ points could buy Millwall tickets. You had more than enough points...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Exactly - I'm a JCL and have been in the top tier for every game this season (and I don't go to anywhere near all the away games)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do the club publish how many people are in each tier?

No, but we can make very good guesses based on where they set the thresholds for away game sales, given we know that everyone who is in tier 1 for any given game can get a ticket if they want one.

So there must have been c2,000 fans on 369+ points before Millwall, for example.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly - I'm a JCL and have been in the top tier for every game this season (and I don't go to anywhere near all the away games)

Same. The back bone of my points is actually my home attendance, and the extra points you get for consecutive seasons. Through my season I get points for all League and cup games. I only need a handful of away games on top of this to keep my points up. But, I know people who have moved up into higher tiers and I’ve actually slipped back this season as I have only attended one away game so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same. The back bone of my points is actually my home attendance, and the extra points you get for consecutive seasons. Through my season I get points for all League and cup games. I only need a handful of away games on top of this to keep my points up. But, I know people who have moved up into higher tiers and I’ve actually slipped back this season as I have only attended one away game so far.

Yep - I've had an ST for 6 seasons, and have been to roughly half (probably a bit less) the away games for each of the last 3-4 seasons or so I guess (haven't counted).

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Millwall went to the second tier of sales (like they all do at least) and that was 277+ points. :)

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
15 points for each home cup game over the past few seasons would have got you 100 or so extra points. I know this for me means remaining in the top tier with me picking and choosing away games. Rather than same liverpool Everton man utd i picked huddersfield man city Newcastle with 15 points on offer to help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here