Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rafa Benitez

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I’ve been a home season ticket holder since the early 2000’s and go to away games here and there that the budget stretches too... unlike what seems a majority of our idiotic fans, I’ve grown a sense of perspective. We are going through a shit phase right now, but it’s utterly disgraceful to Hughton and everything he’s achieved for us, to talk of tapping up another manager, especially one who himself is known for negativity and manages a bigger club than us, is downright stupid, let alone disrespectful.

People think Benitez would come into this group of players we have available and do anything different to the current manager? We have a limited squad and as such pretty much any manager that comes in when you get your wish, will set us up in the same manner or see us get relegated trying to play the ‘score more than you’ Fulham style tactic. Delusional idiots.

When I asked Bloom he said the club have a list of identified potential managers if Hughton left. Which is the right and prudent thing to do. Why shouldn’t fans kick around views on the subject too? I hugely respect Hughton, what he has done at this club puts him in the legend box for sure and I hope it works out for him and us over the coming weeks. But I can still think of who I want if charge if he goes.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’ve been a home season ticket holder since the early 2000’s and go to away games here and there that the budget stretches too... unlike what seems a majority of our idiotic fans, I’ve grown a sense of perspective. We are going through a shit phase right now, but it’s utterly disgraceful to Hughton and everything he’s achieved for us, to talk of tapping up another manager, especially one who himself is known for negativity and manages a bigger club than us, is downright stupid, let alone disrespectful.

People think Benitez would come into this group of players we have available and do anything different to the current manager? We have a limited squad and as such pretty much any manager that comes in when you get your wish, will set us up in the same manner or see us get relegated trying to play the ‘score more than you’ Fulham style tactic. Delusional idiots.

Just because you go to away matches, it doesn't make you any better at judging the qualities of a football manager. Fans are entitled to debate the makeup of the team they support with out condescending statements.

As for comparing Chris Hughton with Rafa Benitez, as much as I appreciate all that Chris did for us until now, I am bored to death with our negative tactics. Rafa would be a great replacement, with far more experience. Rafa was winning the Champions League when Chris was still putting out the cones for Mick McCarthy.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Stumpy Tim

Newcastle are not as underfunded as some make out.

http://priceoffootball.com/newcastle-united-2017-18-apply-some-pressure/

Although if you take the first letter of each sentence of that article it spells out...

:bowdown:

Have to say, I've been saying for a while MA isn't doing anywhere near as bad a job as people are led to believe. Only in football do people demand huge losses or the chairman is seen as being terrible. Looking at the plight of Bolton recently, and many clubs before, I don't get it. Surely the long-term health of the club is far more important

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
RB did a mercurial job at LFC under Gillette and Hicks, great at chelski and even better at Newcastle. Apart from a great manager the work he has done at Liverpool and Newcastle in their respective communities has been immense. He may have his moments, but I think we have been lucky to have him.
RB at Brighton? Not likely when you consider his CV, but stranger things have happened.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
RB did a mercurial job at LFC under Gillette and Hicks, great at chelski and even better at Newcastle. Apart from a great manager the work he has done at Liverpool and Newcastle in their respective communities has been immense. He may have his moments, but I think we have been lucky to have him.
RB at Brighton? Not likely when you consider his CV, but stranger things have happened.

On the day he left Liverpool he went to the Hillsborough campaign organisers and gave them a cheque for £96,000. Impressive from RB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here