Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm really hoping my mate who's an Arsenal season ticket holder has a spare for this one. Not the same as being in the away end but I don't have anywhere near enough points. The view is amazing from the upper tier and near the half way line.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ponced a freebie to the executive lounge again, so I'll be middle-tiering it with the tourists. Its free beer at half time, so quite likely I'll be watching the start of the 2nd half on one of the TV's inside. Modern football eh.

#prawnsandwich

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ponced a freebie to the executive lounge again, so I'll be middle-tiering it with the tourists. Its free beer at half time, so quite likely I'll be watching the start of the 2nd half on one of the TV's inside. Modern football eh.

#prawnsandwich

My nephew, who sits with me at the Amex, did the same last season. He didn't come out for the second half until the 65th minute.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My nephew, who sits with me at the Amex, did the same last season. He didn't come out for the second half until the 65th minute.

I was still inside last season when Iwobi made it 2-0 in the 56th minute. Was quite tempted to stay put when that went in, but I shuffled back outside shortly afterwards.

Agree with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], this is another one of those games rather like last Saturday, where we just turn up and take our medicine. Not anticipating a contest, just a routine 2 or 3 nil slap from an Arsenal team playing at half pace. Ho hum.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

#prawnsandwich

Fookin' hell.

So its literally come to this.

Games gone.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just not interested in anything but the final result. Emirates is a shocking stadium in which to watch football. Been about 5 times now inc our fixture last season and it’s a joyless expensive experience. Plus our away record is so bad it’s frankly a waste of money. We frequently don’t even muster a shot on goal let alone score, draw or heaven forbid win a game against top 6 sides. That’s not the Albion’s fault. But the PL and it’s monetisation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fookin' hell.

So its literally come to this.

Games gone.

If it wasn't for the fact its free, I doubt I'd bother going at all. Certainly not if I was paying to go in the away end. The atmosphere was so dead there last season, and other than Solly hitting the post at 0-1, we turned in one of our usual rabbit-in-the-headlights performances where we barely laid a glove on them. I'm anticipating the same again - a good day out with some mates, only spoiled by 90 minutes of utter dreck in the middle of it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

#prawnsandwich

There’s so much free beer (or wine) theres literally loads left over. I concluded they must make it up on the food, a cheeseburger was twelve quid which is just ridiculous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There’s so much free beer (or wine) theres literally loads left over. I concluded they must make it up on the food, a cheeseburger was twelve quid which is just ridiculous.

Indeed. 4 or 5 massive tables, completely filled with pre-poured (plastic) pints of beer and red/white wine, just wander up and take whatever you want. There was absolutely loads still there when I eventually dragged myself outside again for a borefest of a 2nd half.

I didn't buy any food there though, as you say, the prices really are just silly. I kept my powder dry for some proper scoff in town after the game, and plan on doing similar again this time. The 5.30 game that day is Palace v Cardiff, so we'll settle in somewhere for that - hopefully by that stage we're NOT still looking for a favour from our pyrotechnic firestarting chums.

(but I think we will be...)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hope there are still some left tomorrow, otherwise it will be Crawley v Tranmere instead for me.

League Two is much more of an even playing field, Crawley v. Tranmere sounds like it could be quite an exciting game! A lot easier than hiking all the way up to the Emirates too.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Just not interested in anything but the final result. Emirates is a shocking stadium in which to watch football. Been about 5 times now inc our fixture last season and it’s a joyless expensive experience. Plus our away record is so bad it’s frankly a waste of money. We frequently don’t even muster a shot on goal let alone score, draw or heaven forbid win a game against top 6 sides. That’s not the Albion’s fault. But the PL and it’s monetisation.

How come other teams in our position can win there and give them a game then ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How come other teams in our position can win there and give them a game then ???

Who "in our position" has won there this season?

Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle
Arsenal 5 - 1 Bournemouth
Arsenal 2 - 0 Southampton
Arsenal 2 - 1 Cardiff
Arsenal 4 - 1 Fulham
Arsenal 3 - 1 Burnley
Arsenal 1 - 0 Huddersfield
Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves
Arsenal 3 - 1 Leicester
Arsenal 2 - 0 Watford
Arsenal 2 - 0 Everton
Arsenal 3 - 1 West Ham

theboybilly

I'll be interested to see how well this one sells because, for me, it was the game last season that really illustrated why some lower to mid-table sides in the Premier League don't take full allocations to some away games.

Thousands of empty seats, the Arsenal fans who did bother going having barely any interest as it was a complete mis-match and an Arsenal side who just had to decide how many gears to use as they swiped us aside.

I guess, this season at least, those who missed out last season and want to tick off the ground may offset those, like me, who can't be arsed to go back.

I have bought my ticket but the Emirates isn't a ground that I enjoyed last season. I'd rather go to Bournemouth to be honest

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Who "in our position" has won there this season?

Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle
Arsenal 5 - 1 Bournemouth
Arsenal 2 - 0 Southampton
Arsenal 2 - 1 Cardiff
Arsenal 4 - 1 Fulham
Arsenal 3 - 1 Burnley
Arsenal 1 - 0 Huddersfield
Arsenal 1 - 1 Wolves
Arsenal 3 - 1 Leicester
Arsenal 2 - 0 Watford
Arsenal 2 - 0 Everton
Arsenal 3 - 1 West Ham

Tsk - you and your pesky facts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tsk - you and your pesky facts.

I didn't actually know that no lower-half sides had won there this season without checking. I just recall some recent 5Live coverage about the stark difference between their home and away form this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here