Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Limehouse Lizzy in Shoreham Friday 14th June

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Indeed. I met her brother Nick a few times through the North London circles I moved in around 20 years ago. Went to a few gigs with him as well.

Leslie opened a local fete we were attending as my Dad had to and kissed my Mum on the cheek around 40 odd years ago, much to the annoyance of my Dad she did not wash her cheek for a few days :ohmy:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Two of us will be at the Ropetackle tonight - really looking forward to it. Massive nostalgiafest for me - Lizzy were/are one of my favourite bands probably because they were the first proper rock gig I saw: the Jailbreak tour at the Dome in (I think) 1976, having somehow won a pair of tickets in a Melody Maker competition. About four rows from the front, constantly blinded by Lynott's mirror bass. And my ears didn't stop ringing for three days afterwards. Fabulous. :rock:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Leslie opened a local fete we were attending as my Dad had to and kissed my Mum on the cheek around 40 odd years ago, much to the annoyance of my Dad she did not wash her cheek for a few days :ohmy:

Funny. He was a huge celebrity back in the day.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Yep I was at Dome as well - right hand side balcony - 1st ever gig......lights down everyone chanting Lizzy....first chord of Jailbreak...then stage explodes in flashing police car lights and dry ice.......marvelous. Supported by Radiators from Space punk band

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Lynott was actually married to Crow others daughter.

Live and Dangerous has to be one of the greatest live albums ( and yes I know it's been claimed there are lots of studio overdubs). The twin guitar harmonies are one of the reasons I got into Iron Maiden. And as much as I like Metallica I think Brian Robertson could perhaps teach Kirk Hammett a bit about more subtle use of Wah Wah.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saw TL at the Dome many years ago...loved it....havnt seen these guys

Sadly never saw them with Lynott, a little before my time, I saw them at the Dome a few years back with Ricky Warwick up front, I was a little bit cautious but to be fair he makes an incredibly good substitute. As there are only a couple of original members I understand they've agreed to perform, and record new stuff, as Black Star Riders, and only make occasional live appearances as Thin Lizzy, a couple this summer I believe.

Limehouse Lizzy are an outstanding act, and have been approved by Lynotts family, including his mum who sadly passed away last weekend.

Two of us will be at the Ropetackle tonight - really looking forward to it. Massive nostalgiafest for me - Lizzy were/are one of my favourite bands probably because they were the first proper rock gig I saw: the Jailbreak tour at the Dome in (I think) 1976, having somehow won a pair of tickets in a Melody Maker competition. About four rows from the front, constantly blinded by Lynott's mirror bass. And my ears didn't stop ringing for three days afterwards. Fabulous. :rock:

You nostalgia is going to be 100% satiated, I've been watching them for quite a few years, first time in the Inn on the Prom, must have been around 1996. They also toured the "Live and Dangerous" album in full a few years back, saw it at the Worthing Assembly Rooms, outstanding.

If you know anyone who needs a ticket, I still have a spare.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wasn’t that the Sensational Alex Harvey Band supporting Slade on that tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November 20, 1972 The Dome, Brighton, ENG (with Suzi Quatro & Thin Lizzy) :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So far so ****ing great

deaef7a70377e8f3bcb012649ab3727f.jpg

Half time oranges.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Genius lyrics :)
Tonight there's gonna be a jail break, somewhere in this town.

WTF? How many prisons in this town then? :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Genius lyrics :)
Tonight there's gonna be a jail break, somewhere in this town.

WTF? How many prisons in this town then? :)

Bay City Roller fan alert :D

Bye bye baby baby don’t make me cry

Ps it’s obviously referring to Canon city in Colorado which has 13 prisons :whistle:

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Limehouse were brilliant last night not enjoyed myself at a gig so much for a long time .....and a 5 minute drum solo...what more could you want!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here