Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jo Brand Comment

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You’ve proven my point exquisitely :lol:

It was UKIP’s Carl Benjamin (hardly a household name or career politician but that’s not the point) and after comments he made on twitter directed at Labour’s Jess Philips, Gerard Batten defended him and claimed it was ‘satire’.

Are you sure he threatened to rape a female political opponent or are you spinning it a little bit?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Ah so it's gone from threatening to rape a female political opponent to he wouldn't rape her ???

Are you a fake news enabler?

My goodness you’re doing an absolutely fantastic job of proving point. Hr tweeted that he “wouldn't even rape" Jess Phillips, and then followed up by posting an online video suggesting that "with enough pressure” he “might cave". Are you seriously suggesting that claiming he wouldn’t rape someone and then possibly changing his mind, that it’s somehow acceptable? ???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Tbf, she was funny once. About 20 years ago, used the gag about eating cream buns then that was it really. :shrug:

Living proof that female comics are about as funny as luekemia.

“My fella always farts in bed” zzzzzz

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Amazing amount of people on this thread alone who have made their mind up on the rights and wrongs of the situation based on the fact that they don't find her funny and she's fat. Funny old world.

Indeed. The fact she is obviously wrong seems to have given some people the green light to make tired old fattist sexist and anti leftist jibes, like they would never do about dear old Shirley Williams, the saintly Vera Lynn or the leader of the Scottish Conservative party (who I have enormous amounts of time for, before I'm accused of mounting a campaign against the Scottish Conservatives. Williams can do one).

Anyway, the fact we are talking in these terms is evidence of an incredible change since 2003, when there would have been death threats.

Edit: I see NSC's usual misgynist ninny nobbers are emboldened, probably after having taken drink :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't be arsed to see if this has made it on here or not, so sorry for a potential double post:-

[tweet]1139224144766210049[/tweet]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I guess I am centre left. I find some of the things Jo Brand does are funny but to me this comment was inappropriate, not funny not even close nor does it give me that feeling of its 'ok' because it was a bit cringey/insulting/bad taste comedy. I think she should apologise especially to those who have been attacked in this way for using it as a funny comment and hopefully it will disappear into the ether.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My goodness you’re doing an absolutely fantastic job of proving point. Hr tweeted that he “wouldn't even rape" Jess Phillips, and then followed up by posting an online video suggesting that "with enough pressure” he “might cave". Are you seriously suggesting that claiming he wouldn’t rape someone and then possibly changing his mind, that it’s somehow acceptable? ???

Your comment said that he threatened to rape her but he clearly did not. Why did you feel an overwhelming desire to lie? And what was the context to this bad joke?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I guess I am centre left. I find some of the things Jo Brand does are funny but to me this comment was inappropriate, not funny not even close nor does it give me that feeling of its 'ok' because it was a bit cringey/insulting/bad taste comedy. I think she should apologise especially to those who have been attacked in this way for using it as a funny comment and hopefully it will disappear into the ether.

You echo my sentiments.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I can't be arsed to see if this has made it on here or not, so sorry for a potential double post:-

[tweet]1139224144766210049[/tweet]

Is that all you have left? No deal is at the winning post, summer recess is close, 4 little weeks for remainers to stop Brexit. Delicious. No parliamentary time left.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
She never has been funny, now she is becoming the unacceptable face of far left extremism, hate, and general bigotry of those unable to accept the result of a referendum.
Pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Quite a juxtaposition here.... I'd say "burn her" but the amount of fossil fuel needed to do so would be downright neglectful.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
That's battery acid shes is talking about, what do you think the victims of acid attacks feel about her cheap shite joke.

An acid attack has to be up there with one of the most cowardly attacks on someone.

She's gone way beyond the boundary and that guy Tom Walker trying to back her suggesting the public are 'thick' he sounds just like another vicious leftie.

What has happened to all the flower waving hippies?

She is joking ffs, the right are more snowflake than the left now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
She never has been funny, now she is becoming the unacceptable face of far left extremism, hate, and general bigotry of those unable to accept the result of a referendum.
Pathetic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All credit to you sir for being honest enough to say what you thought of your own post at the end there before everyone else could.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well she's on BBC R4 right now hosting a comedy about people who have died. Hey ho, Aunty knows best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here