Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fixtures 2019-20

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
good we don't have a horror run last handful of games for a change. Plenty of chances for points.

Not a bad first 6 either to get some points on the board.

Doesn't make a lot of difference but looks ok

Watford away a bit of a naff game though , point be excellent

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love a relatively meaningless table:-

D87W95IXYAEv8a1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
good we don't have a horror run last handful of games for a change. Plenty of chances for points.

Not a bad first 6 either to get some points on the board.

Doesn't make a lot of difference but looks ok

Watford away a bit of a naff game though , point be excellent

palace finish Utd, Wolves then Spurs.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our most winnable games are being played while our new manager is finding his feet

OR

Our most winnable games are being played before the other teams suss out how we play under our new manager.

This is certainly a glass half full/empty one.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Our most winnable games are being played while our new manager is finding his feet

OR

Our most winnable games are being played before the other teams suss out how we play under our new manager.

This is certainly a glass half full/empty one.
Glass overflowing here.

So much of football is about confidence in players, manager, club and crowd - skewing the best point gathering matches earlier is definitely a good thing. Does put added emphasis on a good pre-season and readiness but that is OK.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
our first 7 at home you'd be targeting winning them all ( with the exception of spurs ).

Good chance to sort this Home record out again

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Which of the "top six" do you include in the 14?
I reckon CHELSEA are gong to be rubbish this year and we'll turn them over at The Amex quite easily...

(or I made a mistake with my numbers... :) )

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I reckon CHELSEA are gong to be rubbish this year and we'll turn them over at The Amex quite easily...

(or I made a mistake with my numbers... :) )

Would be nice to score against them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to the meaningless table Smug Eddie doesn't have a game against the 6 'weakest teams' from mid Feb onwards.

Which is nice.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Whoever did the fixtures clearly expects us to be in a relegation scrap looking at our last 3 games in May.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
our first 7 at home you'd be targeting winning them all ( with the exception of spurs ).

Good chance to sort this Home record out again

Not sure you remember how that "easy" run of home fixtures we had in the second half of last season actually worked out for us.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'm actually sad about this, as I've two young sons who between them support Watford and the Albion, and once again we'll have to miss this match because it's when we're on holiday.

:ffsparr:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's a lazy first fixture, just copying last season. Reminds me of the 3 visits to Crewe on opening days back in the League 1 days. :yawn:

I think we've got some incredibly tough periods, two really hard sets of games in November and April but the reality is that this league is very tough. Good teams all over the show, and there will be re-arrangements along the way. We need to make the most of games against the dirge, just like last season, and we need to get our home form right from the start. We have a nicer run in this season, for a change - we're certainly going to need those games to get us safe.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Liverpool v Norwich moved to Friday Night.
Welcome to PL scheduling Norwich

That's so poor for their fans. Firsts game back in the Premier League, excitement that it is Liverpool away, great game, oh and yes you'll be playing it on Friday night. What???!!

Pathetic treatment of people.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Not much of a mid-season "break" is it? Half the matches one weekend, the other half on the next, giving every team one weekend off.
And it's not really mid-season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here