Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Why isn’t there a straight Pride?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Would there be a 'dress code/theme' for a 'straight pride', or even a point ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What would be a better question is, why does every other thread on NSC get derailed from reasoned debate to political &/or Brexit based posts? Probably the most annoying thing on NSC, should just ban the word Brexit in all threads not related to it.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
What would be a better question is, why does every other thread on NSC get derailed from reasoned debate to political &/or Brexit based posts? Probably the most annoying thing on NSC, should just ban the word Brexit in all threads not related to it.

I'm sensing politics is behind this 'fun event'

''Mark Sahady, the organization's vice president and a member of the right-wing group "Resist Marxism"

I hope it goes ahead, as I think the comedy value would make it worthwhile.

A) How many would show up.
B) What will they be wearing to make it 'special'
C) What will they be doing, will there be a 'theme' ?
D) What sort of music are they planning.
E) Will Gay people be embraced, and join in?

Seriously, I hope it happens. I think it will be pretty funny.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Or give it its own sub forum where the bed wetters from leave and remain can congregate and throw insults at each other.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

We replaced the name of Mike Dean so why not do the same for Brexit and a host of other key words. At least until Halloween.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wow! Some of the copy on the organising committee website is jaw dropping e.g. when introducing one of the team members:

"The most censored and most lied about man in the world is the Grand Marshal of the Straight Pride Parade. He has spent his entire career advocating for the rights of America's most brutally repressed identity - straight people"

Most brutally repressed? Er, right!

http://www.superhappyfunamerica.com/our-team/

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only women being allowed to wear thongs and tight shorts would be a good start.
Funnily enough I was wondering how many women would actually turn up at a straight pride parade. I’m guessing...not many?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
But we know that some ‘tasteless tweets’ inspire some people to commit atrocities in their name. For instance Labour MP Jo Cox was murdered because someone was inspired by a few ‘tasteless tweets’ from Tommy Robinson.

In which case close this board down, close down the internet. Get rid of newspapers and TV. Anything could inspire atrocities, where do we draw the line if we take this approach?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Isn't everyday Straight Pride?

Honestly, speaking as a straight(ish) person who's been to a number of Pride events (some in different countries too by coincidence) I don't think we'd put on anywhere close to the party the LGBT community do. And therefore I'm out.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Without straight people(generally), there would be no Gay people and thus no Gay Pride. So let's here it for the straights! Yay.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm going! I can't wait. I already have my themed party gear ready!

going_straight.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
But we know that some ‘tasteless tweets’ inspire some people to commit atrocities in their name. For instance Labour MP Jo Cox was murdered because someone was inspired by a few ‘tasteless tweets’ from Tommy Robinson.

Sensitive person-check
University student-check
EU Brussels internship-check

Wonder what turned Jack Renshaw into a paedophile nazi plotting political murders?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Has the label 'straight' derived from gay people being referred to as 'bent'?

If so, we really need to come up with a better word to label someone who's attracted to the opposite sex.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
In which case close this board down, close down the internet. Get rid of newspapers and TV. Anything could inspire atrocities, where do we draw the line if we take this approach?

Words are powerful and we need to acknowledge that they can have disastrous consequences if they aren’t open to scrutiny. It’s about recognising that and understanding that freedom of speech isn’t a freedom to incite violence, hate or be free from criticism. And if it does it should be challenged and, in the worst cases, shut down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here