Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Engerrrland v The Scotch match day thread.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The standard of women’s football since I watch the last World Cup has improved massively. It was never as piss poor as some men like to make out, but it looks like after only one season of the women top division being professional it has made a big difference, great to see.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
NSC favourite (not mine) Jonathan :wanker: Pearce ruining yet another commentary by out of all proportion screaming when Scotland just about start an attack. Had to drop the volume to eliminate the bore.

He's not as bad as he used to be. Do you remember when his first started commentsting?! He's actually toned it down a lot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
20 minutes in and I think England look very good.
Passing it around nicely and attacking with speed.
Could be a thumping on the cards here.

Your're new to following England, aren't you.

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's not as bad as he used to be. Do you remember when his first started commentsting?! He's actually toned it down a lot.

Yes. Not just commentating. When doing the pre match advertising and build up, he SHOUTED. I genuinely thought that Rupert Murdoch was hell-bent of destroying British society, starting by making everything about our beloved football seem shit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry to piss on people's chips but I've just watched England's second goal and it was the result of about five consecutive mistakes. I think people are confusing "quality" with "number of goals" given how shithouse the men's game v Switzerland was.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I really enjoyed the game but the comentary was awful and totaly sexiest why can men given the job of comentary not just see it as a just another game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I though the attendance of 13,000 was pretty impressive bearing in mind how few people follow the womens game domestically - the average Albion's women's gate last year was 494 for home games. To get 13,000 for an international is amazing. Go girls.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I though the attendance of 13,000 was pretty impressive bearing in mind how few people follow the womens game domestically - the average Albion's women's gate last year was 494 for home games. To get 13,000 for an international is amazing. Go girls.

Just a shame they insist on hosting these games in huge stadiums when there isn't the spectator demand, as of yet. I saw the match report on the BBC News, and no matter how much the reporter tried to hype it as a 'massive' game, the swathes of thousands of empty seats were there for all to see. If it will only sell 13k tickets, play it in a 15-20k stadium.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Ticket prices for all the group games start at 9 Euros. The cheapest tickets for the Final are only 23 Euros each.

Even with travel and accommodation, it's not as if people are being priced out of attending.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
That was comfortingly familiar from Scotland: a spirited but ultimately losing performance against clearly superior opposition. If the ladyfootball team could now contrive to go into the third match with qualification for the knockout stages still mathematically possible but unlikely, and make a right pig's ear of it, then it will be just like all the manfootball tournaments I remember watching us "compete" in when I was growing up.

Sake.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

6b2a8face24fae275001b7b8cb14d59b.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here