Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
“I’ve always been attracted to something that is about building and creating,” he says. “I’ve moved my family from an idyllic life in Sweden, so I didn’t come back just for a job. There had to be something where I thought: ‘If we can make this work, we can really do something special.’ And that’s what I want to do here.”

The family will have a big say I think.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This always seems to come up on here. There's some seriously arrogant Brightonians.
He's likeky to be living in the very smart marina area or the countryside, both of which are easily as nice as the Brighton alternatives.

You're right, who would want to pit their wits against the finest managers in football when they could be challenging Nigel Adkins and Neil Warnock?

kjgood

I'll ask again for the second time so wheres Jose or Raffa? if we want to move forward which is surely the reason for terminating Chris why are we considering Mr Potter (Sounds like an old schoolteacher to me) why are we not talking to the recognised names at home and abroad who have a track record of success.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I'll never forget driving across the M62 to Manchester back in the early 90's. Lovely brand new sky blue 3-Series Coupe in the middle lane looking super smart and expensive, ambling along, and I go cruising past it, clocking what was clearly a chick with shoulder length blonde-ish hair driving...

Upon closer inspection, I notice a distinct lack of jaw, a protruding hooter, and a set of teeth that could eat an apple through a letterbox.

It was Helen Worth - aka Gail Tilsley, off corrie. :lolol:

Anyway... we digress. ???

I'll raise you. I was parked behind a range rover on the Eurotunnel shuttle years ago. The driver was Pam St Clement aka Pat Butcher of Eastenders.:eek: You were lucky.....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'll ask again for the second time so wheres Jose or Raffa? if we want to move forward which is surely the reason for terminating Chris why are we considering Mr Potter (Sounds like an old schoolteacher to me) why are we not talking to the recognised names at home and abroad who have a track record of success.

Perhaps because candidates like Rafa and Jose would have no interest in coming here?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Seems very strange that we haven't made any progress on getting this guy in if he is our number one choice. Surely you get an indication of whether he would be prepared to move before you make it known that he is a target. We've had these 'waits' before. Hope to god that our other targets are decent ones as otherwise we've just weakened our position. When i say decent I mean someone with decent first team experience and a record of success. Rules out Phil Neville. We need the replacement in quickly to help with recruitment over the summer. Give Potter til the weekend to make a decision. His faffing about now gives me concern about him.... i.e. A lack of ambition or conviction in his own ability.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
walesonline : "We understand that Potter is still in Swansea..."

Potter, wearing his new trademark Burkha which he bizarrely adopted as his new favourite item of clothing just three days ago days ago said to our reporter "Hellooo... I am Graham Potter and it is nice to see you here in Swansea. I am unavailable for further comment. I will be here, in Swansea, unavailable for further comment until further notice" in a voice five octaves higher than his usual one, in a different regional accent, whilst appearing to lose five inches in height. This was blamed on flu-like symptoms and a bad back by his agent this morning.

potter.jpeg

Stumpy Tim

Seems very strange that we haven't made any progress on getting this guy in if he is our number one choice. Surely you get an indication of whether he would be prepared to move before you make it known that he is a target. We've had these 'waits' before. Hope to god that our other targets are decent ones as otherwise we've just weakened our position. When i say decent I mean someone with decent first team experience and a record of success. Rules out Phil Neville. We need the replacement in quickly to help with recruitment over the summer. Give Potter til the weekend to make a decision. His faffing about now gives me concern about him.... i.e. A lack of ambition or conviction in his own ability.

When have the club made it known he’s a target? He clearly is, but it hasn’t been confirmed by the club

I suspect we have a few options we are looking at, and us fans won’t know who most of them are

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Jose has a similar style to Hughton and is defence minded.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
When have the club made it known he’s a target? He clearly is, but it hasn’t been confirmed by the club

I suspect we have a few options we are looking at, and us fans won’t know who most of them are

Barbs has clearly given Naylor the nod.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I mentioned in an earlier post, I think the club are looking for someone to develop players from the Academy. Dan Ashworth is reported to have said he wants to create a pipeline from the academy to the first team. I don't think recognised names are what the club is looking for and I think there could be quite a few fans underwhelmed by the next appointment as a result.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
“I’ve always been attracted to something that is about building and creating,” he says. “I’ve moved my family from an idyllic life in Sweden, so I didn’t come back just for a job. There had to be something where I thought: ‘If we can make this work, we can really do something special.’ And that’s what I want to do here.”

The family will have a big say I think.

Maybe, just maybe, the conversation is going something like this;

Hello, is that Dan? Great to talk to you.

Yeah great thanks, erm so just a couple of questions from me.

So what’s the playing budget compared to the rest of the Division? Bottom three, right, right, ok.

Oh right, so you want me to bring more kids through? That’s fine, erm, good, good, but you do know that a training and development complex can take up to ten years to get up to speed. Well that’s what Paul Barber said.
I need to do it by August, ok....

Oh right, you want me to bring the kids through whilst playing attractive possession football, cos the fans are a bit pissed off.....

Any big money to spend on strikers, seems like you need at least one, I’ll probably need at least £35m for a decent one? Ok that’s fine, don’t worry, no problem.

I report to Paul Barber, right, ok

No, the weathers great down here at the moment.

Ok, thanks for the call, Dan, bugger the cats just sh*t in the geraniums, I’ll try and call you back in a bit....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here