Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seems we are all as divided as we have been for the last 3 months. The Hughton outs are pleased the Hughton Ins are gutted

L’il old Brighton now seen as villains in the media too

I think we may have lost some goodwill outside of Brighton but do you know what **** em.

It is going to interesting and glorious or interesting and disastrous, but at least it’s going to be interesting...

I'd like to be a:-

'Hughton outter but gutted he's goneski'.

please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to be a:-

'Hughton outter but gutted he's goneski'.

please.

So pleased to see him gone but also gutted? OK

Sad to see CH, the man gone but happy to see CH the manager gone?

I wonder if there was any talk of a move upstairs, seems me there wasn’t.

I have to confess the manner of the dismissal disappoints me. I’ll never make a hard nosed businessman,

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So pleased to see him gone but also gutted? OK

Sad to see CH, the man gone but happy to see CH the manager gone?

Yep

Nobody should be 'pleased' such an honourable man lost his job.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
So who is your choice???

Well to start I wouldn’t have sacked Chris without a replacement lined up. Its like the club have decided just surviving in this league is not good enough. That would suggest they have higher ambitions, therefore stands to reason you would get a manager in to match that ambition.
Potter is untested at this level, therefore would present as a gamble.
I don’t have a thought on a manager and those that are being linked, don’t appear to be much if any improvement on what we had.
I stand to be corrected, but my opinion is that a lot of money needs to be spent on improving our squad and getting some pace in the forward areas as well as a bit more bite in midfield. Whatever Chris’s faults, he didn’t have a lot to work with. Gross and Izquierdo did not show the same promise this season as they did last. Murray was definitely finding it more difficult. Locadia and Andone have not shown much promise on a consistent level. I can’t deny the football has been shit this season and maybe a change is needed. But as I say you get rid of a manager and one who has got you into the premier league and kept you there, you need to make sure if you get rid of them, you get someone better, and that’s my point, no one can honestly say Potter is better.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You had us as going down anyway if CH stayed didn’t you? Surprised to see you so anti change Kosh

I’m not really anti change, it’s more ‘this’ change that I can’t get excited about. I’m sure he’s a lovely chap and a decent manager, but therein lies the rub - I just can’t accept that he’s a better option than CH, himself a lovely bloke and an excellent manager.

I support the theory he’ll be the man to genuinely work with the academy, but he just seems (outwardly) to be a bit weak in other areas for the cauldron of the PL.

Right now i’m hoping for a bit more, who that is, well i’m not sure... with Wilder almost certainly unavailable... the list of suitors ain’t looking too hot.

Hmmmmm it’s a thinker. I just hope the club are ‘thinking’ clearly.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
that’s my point, no one can honestly say Potter is better.

But that's true of pretty well any managerial appointment

We just have to believe the recruiters do their due diligence thoroughly and get the best they can. Whoever it is will be a leap of faith

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I’m not really anti change, it’s more ‘this’ change that I can’t get excited about. I’m sure he’s a lovely chap and a decent manager, but therein lies the rub - I just can’t accept that he’s a better option than CH, himself a lovely bloke and an excellent manager.

I support the theory he’ll be the man to genuinely work with the academy, but he just seems (outwardly) to be a bit weak in other areas for the cauldron of the PL.

Right now i’m hoping for a bit more, who that is, well i’m not sure... with Wilder almost certainly unavailable... the list of suitors ain’t looking too hot.

Hmmmmm it’s a thinker. I just hope the club are ‘thinking’ clearly.

I guess we shouldn't forget the considerable influence of Ashworth. Presumably he'll handle a lot of things a more experienced manager might expect/demand to control.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Probably not a good example as concerns over Hughton were proved correct. A one trick pony.

A one trick pony who saved us from relegation, got us challenging for the top two for the following two seasons in the Championship, then kept us up twice with a limited budget in the Prem.

Most clubs would love to have a one trick pony like that!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A one trick pony who saved us from relegation, got us challenging for the top two for the following two seasons in the Championship, then kept us up twice with a limited budget in the Prem.

Most clubs would love to have a one trick pony like that!

And with more investment possibly having a better season than this......progress. (but at what cost?)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
And with more investment possibly having a better season than this......progress. (but at what cost?)

Yes, I thought that this would be the season we would push on with a higher budget to get us into the throng of mid table Clubs with Hughton at the helm, maybe with the emphasis to be more on bringing through youth than before (that's why Ashworth is here), TB decided Hughton is not the man for that.

It is a shame like I said, but it's understandable. Whether Potter is the right man only time will tell.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Seems we are all as divided as we have been for the last 3 months. The Hughton outs are pleased the Hughton Ins are gutted

I think we may have lost some goodwill outside of Brighton but do you know what **** em.

It is going to be interesting and glorious or interesting and disastrous, but at least it’s going to be interesting...

We all know fans are fickle, a club will always be judged on their last game, and CH will quickly be a thing of the past by fans outside our club in August (unless it’s a total disaster!).
I for one welcome our new overlord (if it’s Potter).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

It is going to interesting and glorious or interesting and disastrous, but at least it’s going to be interesting...

Nail and head.

Thought the mojo poll was interesting, as mine is very low, whereas I seem to be in the minority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm a Hughton In, and I'm naturally sad he's gone, but I'm ok with it, as I trust the boss.

They're idiots, couldn't give a shit what they think.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I'm a Hughton In, and I'm naturally sad he's gone, but I'm ok with it, as I trust the boss.

They're idiots, couldn't give a shit what they think.

This and This.

Whether Graham Potter can maintain the highly impressive upward curve he is on or whether he peaked at Swansea, we will be the ones to find out. Buckle your seatbelts and let's hope it's the former :thumbsup: (assuming we get him)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Quite excited about Potter if he is appointed but I just have this recurring nightmare that I am driving along at night and a terrified wide eyed figure is caught in the full beam. I then awake in a sweat filled bed and ask my self the question " was Dean Wilkins really our MANAGER?")

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’m sorry but Potter is not an exciting prospect, steady at best a failure in waiting at worst. In other words, no where near as proven and/or likely to keep us up or indeed bring us back up as CH.

Pointless (potential) appointment in the progressive or exciting stakes.

With all that negativity I can see why you are so into Hughton. Who needs goals anyway?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here