Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the love of god please go for it Saturday.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just read on the Argus website that Hughton things our chances of winning against City are very slim. Whilst that may be factually accurate our manager should not be writing off his players before we even get on the pitch. Surely that must rub off.

Flame me all you like but if we want to progress he has to go in the summer. I can cope with losing and realistically we should lose against these big teams but we lose without a whimper and its pathetic.

Was really excited to have a ticket for Saturday, thinking it may be a big waste of money.

I think you’re right. Too negative, respectful...call it what you like but it will register mentally. Can you imagine the old crazy gang ever thinking this way?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Much as I love, admire and respect the guy - if we start Murray we've automatically waved the white flag and lubed up our own arses.

Play a team who are at least going to be pacey, attacking and threatening.

I'm with everyone who doesn't give a shit if we get stuffed - as long as we've had a bloody good go at them.

Definitely. Throw caution to the wind and we might, just might, pull off one of the all time greatest shocks at Wembley. But more importantly, even if we get beaten comfortably, we’ll have had a go. Defend for 90minutes and lose 2-0 versus a City side that never got out of 2nd gear and we won’t win any plaudits

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think you’ll be disappointed on Saturday and I think you know it.

If theres one thing we are, it’s predictable and we all know exactly how we’re going to line up and play on Saturday. Question is will we lose by 3, 4 or 5? I think that will largely depend on how hard City try in the second half.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We'll beat City no problem....

... if their team coach breaks down on the M6 and the referee decides to play the game regardless.

They played a reserve team tonight and toyed with Cardiff like a kitten with a ball of wool this evening. If we're going to win, it'll be one of those 'all the stars have aligned' games. I'd love to believe otherwise, but I don't.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Leading up to the match I am of the opinion. Yeh go for it 6-0 is the same as 1-0 in a cup semi final . And it truly is because you're still out of the Cup. But what is don't want to happen is to spend 2 weeks looking forward to the match and for the chance of progressing to be over within the first 10 or 15 minutes. That would be worse than defending for 90 minutes waiting to try and nick if 1-0

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The team who just took us apart tonight defended for 90 minutes against city and scraped a draw after getting gubbed 5-0 a few weeks earlier.

I'd love to see us "go for it" but what does everyone think will happen if we do? Stay in the game is all we can do. City are one of the best teams in the world.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The team who just took us apart tonight defended for 90 minutes against city and scraped a draw after getting gubbed 5-0 a few weeks earlier.

I'd love to see us "go for it" but what does everyone think will happen if we do? Stay in the game is all we can do. City are one of the best teams in the world.

This. Sadly. The top 6 are a division all of their own. I think it takes an amazing performance and the opposition having a stinker to win, however you approach it. But it would be nice to see us attempt to at least get a couple more players up to support whoever is chosen to run around forlornly up front.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I will be pretty disappointed if we ‘go for it’. Going for it would entail pressing wildly and being caught high up the pitch. Abandoning our solid defensive set-up and giving free reign to some of the best attacking players in Europe. Leaving our defence one on one, and exposed against the very best our domestic league has to offer. If we ‘go for it’, we will lose, and we will lose comfortably. There’s very little Chris or the players can do if the game is already over within 20 minutes. We need to try and keep possession as well as possible, without taking unnecessary risks, and try to exploit City with our strength at set-pieces. That, I believe, is the formula to win the game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I will be pretty disappointed if we ‘go for it’. Going for it would entail pressing wildly and being caught high up the pitch. Abandoning our solid defensive set-up and giving free reign to some of the best attacking players in Europe. Leaving our defence one on one, and exposed against the very best our domestic league has to offer. If we ‘go for it’, we will lose, and we will lose comfortably. There’s very little Chris or the players can do if the game is already over within 20 minutes. We need to try and keep possession as well as possible, without taking unnecessary risks, and try to exploit City with our strength at set-pieces. That, I believe, is the formula to win the game.
There is no room for that sort of accuracy on here.

Hooton (out) must GO FOR IT...!!!! And he should also be telling lies to our players about our chances of beating a £900m team - that would make all the difference.

No poxy strategy around frustrating the opposition for as long as possible while looking to score from a set piece or bit of magic. We need to GO TOE TO TOE WITH THEM AND GET IN THEIR FACES....!!!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I’m hoping for 20% possession .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the love of god please go for it Saturday - You're new here aren't you?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There is no room for that sort of accuracy on here.

Hooton (out) must GO FOR IT...!!!! And he should also be telling lies to our players about our chances of beating a £900m team - that would make all the difference.

No poxy strategy around frustrating the opposition for as long as possible while looking to score from a set piece or bit of magic. We need to GO TOE TO TOE WITH THEM AND GET IN THEIR FACES....!!!!

Lol! That “strategy” didn’t even work at Millwall, thankfully their keeper helped us out massively to paper over the cracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Saturdays tactics will be 6-3—————1

Keep it tight , when in possession pass it around the back four until closed down then Duffy can hoof it to Murray who will be either

A. Nowhere near it

B. Nod it on to one of their centre halves

It’s going to be a classic in the making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think you’re right. Too negative, respectful...call it what you like but it will register mentally. Can you imagine the old crazy gang ever thinking this way?

Hhmm, not sure they are the best comparison, yes the won the cup, but look what happened to the club after that? While that may not have been the player's fault, it was the mentality of the club that allowed the Crazy Gang to exist in the first place - we will never be like that, thank God!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

This. I don't want to get thrashed 5-0.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Us? Go for it? Yeah right.

Phrases you will never hear. 2 up front for Albion today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here