Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dreamed about Atom Heart Mother last night - this is probably my favourite ever Pink Floyd track, finale is sublime.

Marmalade, I like Marmalade

My Heads a Blank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7pkOZ5n6PQ

Still clearly remember the excitement of going into a record shop and buying this and then catching a bus home clutching it, so excited about getting it home and sticking it on the turntable. Back in the days when I listened to a new album again and again and again. Possibly my favourite Floyd album and album sleeve artwork

Also have great memories of living on a Spanish Island and playing the title track after a night out as the sun came up on a Summer’s morning

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Still clearly remember the excitement of going into a record shop and buying this and then catching a bus home clutching it, so excited about getting it home and sticking it on the turntable. Back in the days when I listened to a new album again and again and again. Possibly my favourite Floyd album and album sleeve artwork

Also have great memories of living on a Spanish Island and playing the title track after a night out as the sun came up on a Summer’s morning

I know DSOTM is the 'Best' Pink Floyd Album but this is MY favourite as it combines cheerful weirdness and musicality. Once Waters got the whip hand and started working out his mental health issues via the Band it became rather different. Animals was the last listenable album...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I know DSOTM is the 'Best' Pink Floyd Album but this is MY favourite as it combines cheerful weirdness and musicality. Once Waters got the whip hand and started working out his mental health issues via the Band it became rather different. Animals was the last listenable album...

Apart from a couple of tracks on The Wall, I pretty well lost real interest after Wish You Were Here. Waters did disappear up his own arse around the time of the Wall. Gilmour however continues to be a guitar hero to me, even if his wife’s lyrics are a bit too twee for me on his solo albums.

Waters is a fantastic lyricist though, but went too dark from The Wall

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

That was when buying an LP really meant something, including where to buy it and how to get there and back. Expense, Risk you got it wrong, a cover to read and later on some more pictures and lyrics to pore over. Plus see how the record company had changed the label slightly and watch it turning on the turntable, especially Vertigo! So much more of an event than....... click.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Came across this gem from one of the best ever singer/songwriters. He’s still got it, as he goes into his 70’s. Classy stuff

Heads up for [MENTION=1510]Binney on acid[/MENTION]

https://youtu.be/b6d12bs8Wlw

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Going early today as there is a lot of football to watch.

A massive favourite of mine from way back when. Me and John Peel, the only people on the planet to like the Cravattes (till I met Mrst T who thinks they are 'lovely' :lolol: :bowdown:). I had just moved to Creepy when this was broadcast :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5xMy9tkXRk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Going early today as there is a lot of football to watch.

A massive favourite of mine from way back when. Me and John Peel, the only people on the planet to like the Cravattes (till I met Mrst T who thinks they are 'lovely' :lolol: :bowdown:). I had just moved to Creepy when this was broadcast :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5xMy9tkXRk

I’ve got a CD by this band H, I did some work for the singer ( Shend ) at his house near Brighton, this was maybe 10 years ago, not sure if he still lives locally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here