Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Great version of the Lesley Gore classic from the 60's and features Thomas Dolby in the video. And I always thought it was the same Dave Stewart who went on to form The Eurythmics, it wasn't.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Brave man posting a Coldplay song on NSC :lolol:
Yeah, thanks. I like to think of this thread as a corner of NSC where we are more tolerant.
For me, the issue with Coldplay was that at one point they were massively over-exposed to the point that it became annoying. I think similar about Andrew Lloyd Webber and U2 (hmmm Chris Martin, Bono, ALW - they are all quite annoying in their own right I suppose)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, thanks. I like to think of this thread as a corner of NSC where we are more tolerant.
For me, the issue with Coldplay was that at one point they were massively over-exposed to the point that it became annoying. I think similar about Andrew Lloyd Webber and U2 (hmmm Chris Martin, Bono, ALW - they are all quite annoying in their own right I suppose)

I am one of the few on here who like Coldplay. In fact they are one of my favourite live bands on the tv shows I’ve seen :shrug:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
With Bob Marley leaving us 40 years ago two days' ago, today I had the first opportunity since, to blast out his tunes to honour his passing. I put on the album "Catch a Fire", of which there was an excellent documentary of its making on Sky Arts two days' ago which I watched. I accidently stumbled upon the Jamaican version, rather than the version most people would be familiar with, especially those with the Zippo Lighter sleeve. I'd not heard these versions before.
Here's Stir it Up, with subtle differences to the song Reggae fans will know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRZMJm18qb0&list=PLBLzZqSb7tqgayYfSur9LzJwp4b1VcTK9&index=2

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The Beatles, Coldplay, U2, the new wave genre .... NSC lures musical control freaks who tell everyone several times a year, every year, how much they hate an artist or type of pop music.

I’m unswayed. Love of a song or track is purely instinctive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here