Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Albion v Manchester City FA Cup semi-final planning thread Sat 6th April, 17.30pm

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As long as they are on your list that should be ok, but you could check by logging into their account to double check

Don't they all need to be in the active points band or better to allow you to purchase for everyone?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
So STH's who went to ALL the FA Cup games this season are on the same level as STH's who swerved all the earlier rounds till we made it to Wembley ?

mmnah.

Loyalty points don’t work like that [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
£65 for a measley 5 loyalty points.

I'd rather go to Burnley...

... I really wouldn't.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
cheers, yeah ive added them, just wondered if they also need to log in on their account and add me as well.

No, the adding F&F process is linked so when you add person A to your list you automatically pop up in theirs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Any parking recommendations? I'm thinking of somewhere on the outskirts of London but on a direct tube or train line from the stadium.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Does any one know what is the nearest Train Station to Wembley (not including underground stations) ?:albion2::bhasign:

Just been looking at this. Wembley Central is 28 minutes from Euston and trains are frequent. Wembley stadium is from Marlyebone, and is closer to the ground, but trains seem only to stop there every 30 minutes -might be a long delay afterwards? Both would mean you approach from the west -our end, and are overground stations.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Just been looking at this. Wembley Central is 28 minutes from Euston and trains are frequent. Wembley stadium is from Marlyebone, and is closer to the ground, but trains seem only to stop there every 30 minutes -might be a long delay afterwards? Both would mean you approach from the west -our end, and are overground stations.

A friend of mine used to work for Chiltern Railways and they run an enhanced service on match days from what I've seen.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018

Thanks for that.

We will be coming up from Crawley and wanted to avoid the underground at all costs if we can.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Cheers. I suspect you are right. I've advised my nephew to buy a membership. There could be a lot of people on Wednesday chasing not many tickets. I wonder whether they will say on a daily basis how many are left.

Apparently signing up to a bronze now will not allow you to get a semi final ticket earlier and only comes in to affect for next season. Seems fair.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
View attachment 106162

One ticket per account number until next weds by the looks of it when you can buy a further two

Is there any chance that the club could list how many fans actually sit within each category? They must have that number to hand and it would help people like me and seemingly a number of others decide when is best to buy.

My dilemma is that 9 of us in group all want to sit together and 7 are eligible to buy at 2pm on Friday but the last 2 not until 9am on Monday. I’ve eventually persuaded the others to stand down and that I’ll purchase all on Monday morning. I will NEVER be forgiven if they sell out before Monday morning and we all miss out..

If the club listed the potential numbers then we could make a much more educated decision around that and agree to split the group. Must be doable..

Failing that can someone reassure me that I’ve made the right call and that the numbers are on my side ??? Otherwise a nerve wracking weekend awaits...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there any chance that the club could list how many fans actually sit within each category? They must have that number to hand and it would help people like me and seemingly a number of others decide when is best to buy.

My dilemma is that 9 of us in group all want to sit together and 7 are eligible to buy at 2pm on Friday but the last 2 not until 9am on Monday. I’ve eventually persuaded the others to stand down and that I’ll purchase all on Monday morning. I will NEVER be forgiven if they sell out before Monday morning and we all miss out..

If the club listed the potential numbers then we could make a much more educated decision around that and agree to split the group. Must be doable..

Failing that can someone reassure me that I’ve made the right call and that the numbers are on my side ??? Otherwise a nerve wracking weekend awaits...

It's only STHs and 1901ers that go ahead of Monday at 9am though, right?

That means there will be at least 10,000 tickets available at 9am on Monday, likely a fair few more. I think you'd have to be VERY unlucky not to get those if you were prepared (ie multiple browsers on multiple devices so you get a good queue position).

(Please don't blame me if you try this and it goes wrong)

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
It's only STHs and 1901ers that go ahead of Monday at 9am though, right?

That means there will be at least 10,000 tickets available at 9am on Monday, likely a fair few more. I think you'd have to be VERY unlucky not to get those if you were prepared (ie multiple browsers on multiple devices so you get a good queue position).

(Please don't blame me if you try this and it goes wrong)

Thanks Bozza, that’s pretty much what I was thinking but I was also worried that I had my numbers wrong, maybe 23k ST holders another 2k 1901ers and the club holding back 1k or so for comps, that leaves me potentially battling for only 7k rather than 10k on Monday morning..

if there were then 10k potentially that fell into that 9am Monday category then we could make a much more informed decision if the numbers were published. At the moment I’m just guessing that we’ll be ok to wait ???

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I am guessing there was some consideration to the servers only being able to deal with so much at one time. I'm guessing even the queuing system might not cope with 22k at once!

Fair point, didn’t think of that. Not like the good old days where we all had to stand in line for hours on end to buy them in person. :lolol:

So STH's who went to ALL the FA Cup games this season are on the same level as STH's who swerved all the earlier rounds till we made it to Wembley ?

mmnah.

I’ve been to every Cup game this season, bar Millwall which I missed out on due to not having enough loyalty points. I’m a season ticket holder. I’m not in the first bracket. I’m not even in the second bracket.

Apart from that, great point. Well done, I guess. :shrug:

Well, the point is that at Wembley there are very much good seats, average seats, and shite seats. Surely those who have the most points (the most loyal) deserve to have the option to buy the best seats first?

I accept the point about groups with different loyalty levels, but that's your choice to wait for a later tier.

I remember well for the play off finals being peeved that we all had to rock in a total free for all. This is much fairer and better in my view. (he says as all our group of six are in the first tier :))

Ah, never been to Wembley. Assumed it was a case like Falmer where there isn’t really a “bad” seat. If there’s shite seats then it makes more sense I guess. As I said my main frustration is the fact I think it’ll have a negative impact on the atmosphere. We’ll see how it goes though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here