Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ultras upset ...yet again

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Every printed word that comes from these idiots seems to be predicated upon a belief that they are standing on the right side of history in a battle to save the soul of their club. All of their utterances sound like outtakes from Braveheart that had too much hyperbole even for Mel Gibson. In reality they are just football supporters hoping that their team wins.

Many on this board know what it is like to actually have to act to prevent a club from dying and would have no desire to have to do it again. When you have lived through times that really did need everyone to pull together, when you have had to conceive of a future where your club may not exist, reading the stuff that they issue does ring a bit hollow.

This lot are just playing dress up. They sound like a gang of junior school kids striding arm in arm around a playground chanting 'Who wants to play - WAR?' They should be an embarrassment to their club, but bizarrely they are instead feted and given special treatment and favour to the detriment of long term fans. As a rival I should be gleeful about their existence, as everything they do invites ridicule. Unfortunately the combination of Parrish's ill founded respect for them and our having been through a period when our club was also run by fools who didn't care a jot for supporters, leaves me slightly irked that I have to feel sympathy for real Palace fans.

Good god that's a good post.

We fought for our club. They did admin. x2.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My first thoughts also.
It is almost unbearable to consider that there are genuinely grown-ups in the world who would think this is Ok.

I'd imagine they also make comment on what people eat, where they park and why what I'm wearing is soooo last year, tw@ts!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The only people who actively HATE the AU are their fellow Palace fans. The BBS is full of pissed off Jestermen who are actively agreeing with us that the whole thing is making their club a laughing stock. Keep it up boys. The existence of this crew knocks about half a million quid off the clubs value every day. Perfect timing to start all this crap whilst trying to sell the club.

Imagine your buying a house. It’s in a good area, has good schools and solid foundations...the only problem is that you’ve got a group of rats in the attic who periodically appear, shit all over the carpets, make a terrible droning noise and occupy the couch and kids beds....the previous owner has welcomed them to do whatever they want and they now believe they own the place.

You might think twice.

Got a couple of good mates who are Brighton-living Palace-supporting Holmsdale-sitting STH. Proper fans who understand the rivalry from way back and understandably want to see Palace smash the Albion. However, they're also sane and mature enough to know their own club's and the Albion's history. They are embarrassed by the PL millions spunked on **** all. They hate they binned Murray. They also do not trust the Palace ownership, their hollow promises and their bend-over-backwards attitude to the Holmsdale Fanatics. They also know that S Norwood/Thornton Heath is a shit place for a football ground. They want the club to develop a new stadium/sports hub at the actual Crystal Palace.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I do think, that rich and varied as our Mother Tongue is, there is no word that does justice to the level of delusion achieved by Palace fans.

Maybe, a new word for our glorious language, to be crypalised, a state of extreme delusion as exhibited by David Icke, anyone who believes Katie Price will celebrate her 25th wedding anniversary, and Crystal Palace fans.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
FWIW I hope Palace win this as I want them at Wembley.

I hope they get battered. There is no way I can ever hope Palace win, unless we need them to do us a favour. Any team whose official spelling of us is B******n are unlikely to do us a favour so bollocks to them. Hope they get embarrassed. Vile football club.

Besides, if they beat Watford that means a Wembley day out and they aren't worthy of that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I hope they get battered. There is no way I can ever hope Palace win, unless we need them to do us a favour. Any team whose official spelling of us is B******n are unlikely to do us a favour so bollocks to them. Hope they get embarrassed. Vile football club.

Besides, if they beat Watford that means a Wembley day out and they aren't worthy of that.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This. Very happy to settle for a league double over them..........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I'd happily take relegation from the Premier League this season if it meant (a) we won the FA Cup and (b) we beat the south London FILTH at Wembley, either in the semi, or the Final itself.

We'd hold that over them forever. Especially this season, when we've already dry-humped them twice.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really don't follow the Ultras logic: because some of their team greeted friends playing for the other team they lost. But our players also greeted friends playing for the other team but beat them convincingly. So how does that work as by their reasoning the Albion should also have lost.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really don't follow the Ultras logic: because some of their team greeted friends playing for the other team they lost. But our players also greeted friends playing for the other team but beat them convincingly. So how does that work as by their reasoning the Albion should also have lost.

They mostly applauded Murray too..........before and after the game. So they're hypocrites as well as cretins.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Indeed, I don't remember much of these Ultras when we were both in the Championship. When did they start, and where the hell did they come from?
They weren't born

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here