Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Missed the game tonight, how was big Jurgs? Still class or back to not being a footballer?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Missed the game tonight, how was big Jurgs? Still class or back to not being a footballer?

Poor game today. Could be tiredness Was hoping to see knocky come on for him after 70 mins.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I like him but he asks too much of the left back he works with by not tracking back as effectively as he should. He has a place but he hasn’t cemented anything

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
I like him but he asks too much of the left back he works with by not tracking back as effectively as he should. He has a place but he hasn’t cemented anything

I agree. As good as he has been offensively over the past few games, he still appears unsure of his defensive duties, i.e. Who to pick up and when to track back, etc. However, under Chris’ tutelage I’m sure he will keep learning and improve this part of his game ! :)

Last edited:

Yes not quite his night - Chris probably missed a trick by not giving Knocky a go for 20 mins or so

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I think it’s no surprise to see Bernardo shine over the past few weeks. With him as a attacking LB, it provides more stability for CH to try locadia. So far the partnership has been decent. No Bruno/knocky, but it’s getting there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Played pretty well today - creative, combative, linked play.

I just wish he was aware of team mates when in great attacking positions. Pointlessly hellbent on trying to score ‘worldies’ when clearly marshalled by defenders. I think that may possibly have cost us today.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I just wish he was aware of team mates when in great attacking positions. Pointlessly hellbent on trying to score ‘worldies’ when clearly marshalled by defenders. I think that may possibly have cost us today.

Think he was ok but not enough for me. Maybe my opinion is clouded by seeing him jog when Murray runs and he his 10 years older.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good at everything apart from shooting, he was terrible at that

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton

I thought he was very involved today but such poor decision making. He stills seems a bit lost as to what to do when he gets the ball. I thought March on the other hand was very positive. I do however think this new formation that we have been playing since Locadia has been in has negated Gross' effect on the game. He is playing much deeper now and not having as much influence on the game. Feels like we need a fresh influence going forward. That could be provided by a fit again Izquierdo or hopefully AJ.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think his day, and his Albion career so far was summed up by the one passage today: Received the ball well, made a yard of space on his stronger foot....

...then sliced his shot out for a throw in :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I wish our midfield - or even our full backs - would have a few more attempts at worldies!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wish our midfield - or even our full backs - would have a few more attempts at worldies!

I don’t. Locadia just needs to pass to Murray to tuck them away, simples. Embarrassing strikes when the defenders had Locadia blocked, one went for a throw in. Only Izquierdo (and perhaps March and Gross) have the ability to strike a goal from an angle 20 yards out).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quite amusing in a grim kind of way in the second half when he narrowly failed to hit the corner flag with a shot on goal (it went out for a throw) then a minute later forced a game-saving tip over the bar from Foster.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don’t. Locadia just needs to pass to Murray to tuck them away, simples. Embarrassing strikes when the defenders had Locadia blocked, one went for a throw in. Only Izquierdo (and perhaps March and Gross) have the ability to strike a goal from an angle 20 yards out).

Passing to Murrayoffside would be a well lush idea if he wasn't always off side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here