Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jordan Maguire-Drew joins Leyton Orient

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Wrexham fans seem to think so. Hopefully this season he gets some confidence back and next season he gives league two another go.
Contract up at the end of this season? Think so anyway.
Maybe wrong but be surprised if he's with us next year. Lot of talent but doesn't seem to be able to take it up a step.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Maybe wrong but be surprised if he's with us next year. Lot of talent but doesn't seem to be able to take it up a step.
I'm sure I read his contract is up as well. If he does well this season hopefully he is given a new contract just to see if he can step up. If he manages it even if he doesn't play for us, he could be worth a fee to us after that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Could we not give him a two or three years contract - that might then enable us to get fifty or a hundred grand or so for him from a League 2 club next season? I'm presuming that as things stand, he'll be a free agent come June.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Could we not give him a two or three years contract - that might then enable us to get fifty or a hundred grand or so for him from a League 2 club next season? I'm presuming that as things stand, he'll be a free agent come June.

I think Bosman rules apply so as long as we offer him a new deal at least the same wage, he'll cost another club some cash to get him.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think Bosman rules apply so as long as we offer him a new deal at least the same wage, he'll cost another club some cash to get him.

The problem is that 'other club' is likely to be Non-League by the look of it

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Last edited:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I think this recall is related to the loans being arranged for the U23 squad.
He is recalled back to cover loans for Connolly & Gyorkeres.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
It’s stalling his progress if he’s not getting game time so makes sense to bring him back for another loan or to see how he goes in U23’s.
More likely the case that he’s to be sold than be back up winger for 1st team squad though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing to see here. He will be moving on shortly, not at the standard we require.
Yes, we know that. We are still interested in the reason for him being recalled from loan, and where he'll be playing for the second half of the season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My guess is that with Gyokeres moving up to the matchday squad in place of the injured Izzy, Asian Cup Ali and whatever is up with Knockie, we need a winger for the U23s which handily gives a chance for a closer look before we either send him elsewhere on loan at the end of January or keep him here till the end of his contract in the summer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here