Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Veganism

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Agree Horses arse. We feed our chicken organically, we all eat a lot of homegrown veg, and free range/organic as well as local produce. I certainly don't buy poor quality eggs . . . . it's not the easiest or cheapest route by any stretch

I have no problem with veganism or vegetarianism, but frankly am not prepared to make life difficult for myself in order to avoid what I perceive as perfectly normal food stuff, or 'fair game' if you'll excuse the pun.

Eat well and with consideration is surely the way forward. Simple really!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
i have always been a little perplexed by the notion of replacing milk with substitutes that seem to bare little resemblance to milk than colour. .

According to the Oxford dictionary milk is 'an opaque white fluid rich in fat and protein, secreted by female mammals for the nourishment of their young.'

Perhaps the stuff made from other stuff shouldn't be called milk at all.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
According to the Oxford dictionary milk is 'an opaque white fluid rich in fat and protein, secreted by female mammals for the nourishment of their young.'

I thought they couldn't call the other stuff milk. It's mylk, isnt it?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not deluded at all and def not a palace fan! :).

As one or two posters have said, the real answer to climate change lies in eating less of everything and controlling world population growth.

I've just started reading this thread, and you've indicated that one or two posters have said the above, when they haven't. If you think I'm wrong, go back and identify a post prior to 58 that does so.
And the real answer to climate change is to stop churning out carbon into the atmosphere. And this is something that we've known about for decades, yet have continued to pump ever greater quantities out.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Unless you read all the definitions.

1An opaque white fluid rich in fat and protein, secreted by female mammals for the nourishment of their young.

1.1 The milk from cows (or goats or sheep) as consumed by humans.
‘a glass of milk’

1.2 The white juice of certain plants.
‘coconut milk’

1.3 A creamy-textured liquid with a particular ingredient or use.
‘cleansing milk’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here