Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Olympique Marseilles v Bordeaux

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
This is on BT Sport at the moment - a big Ligue 1 game.

It is utterly bizarre - there is nobody there. Clearly there must be a reason for this. Does anyone know what it is?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is on BT Sport at the moment - a big Ligue 1 game.

It is utterly bizarre - there is nobody there. Clearly there must be a reason for this. Does anyone know what it is?

Cheese eating stay-at-home monkeys?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Now they're announcing how much added time there is over the tannoy. Christ, why bother?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"Today's official attendance is 29,675. We thank you for your support"

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Jesus. They've just played Goal music.

Then the goal was ruled out by VAR.

EVERYBODY should be watching this.

Sidwell Jnr

Jan 16, 2019
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47036730

Marseille will play their upcoming home fixtures behind closed doors while French football's governing body investigates the events of their league defeat by Lille on Saturday.

The match was held up for 31 minutes in the second half after a firework thrown by a fan exploded close to two players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh great, Barber-out is going to see that next he'll ban us from taking fireworks into the AMEX.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should I stop making this:-

the-wicker-man.jpg

For the Burnley game?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I went to this very fixture two years ago with my two sons. I have been to dozens of games in France over the last 30 years but this was the only time I felt in danger.

We were sitting alongside the pitch in what I had hoped would be a safe area of the ground. With about five minutes left some fans from the stand to our left behind the goal started to climb the fence to get into our area. Some people in our stand started to square up to them. We decided to leave and, as we were walking out, loads more were running into our stand from the concourse to join in/watch.

The police and stewards had lost control of the stadium even though away fans had been banned. All of the people involved in the aggro were teenagers or guys in their 20s. Can't imagine that would be the case in the UK.

The Velodrome is an impressive ground but it's not one I'd go back to with kids.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here