Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season Ticket Waiting List cut in half if we drop divisions.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Well there's a natural turnover of a certain % I guess (deaths, people moving away, financial reasons etc) but the broad ST base has been at the same number for a few years........not sure even the dross of the last season would cause many to stop, as the vast majority will have done several championship seasons anyway. Makes no difference to me, will go regardless

Indeed, as much as I'd love us to survive in the PL I wouldn't be too upset if we did slip back into the Championship and so I have renewed too. On the plus side, if we do go down at least I get to see lots more games in the Midlands where I live and after our home games I won't be feeling depressed on on the long and lonely drive home from the Amex!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed, as much as I'd love us to survive in the PL I wouldn't be too upset if we did slip back into the Championship and so I have renewed too. On the plus side, if we do go down at least I get to see lots more games in the Midlands where I live and after our home games I won't be feeling depressed on on the long and lonely drive home from the Amex!

Truth is there is no middle ground with most of us anyway - we're either ecstatic about winning, or whinging about losing but either way it gives us something to do and something to talk about. It's TB I'll feel for if we do drop though - I know he'll be sanguine about it , can afford it and will have a clear plan to get us back up but would be nice for him to enjoy it a bit longer first.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
When we go up the season ticket renewal letter reads ..... " Now that we're in the premier league we'll have to raise prices so you can see the greatest league in the world"

When we go down "because of reduced income and the greater number of games, we're increasing season ticket prices"

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How many didn't renew in the 14/15 season?

Season ticket holders dropped to about 18.5K for 15/16; although quite a few bought a half season ticket the following January! I remember PB on the Albion Roar stating that most of the complaints about the new loyalty scheme - specifically the rewarding of people for holding a season ticket for consecutive seasons - were from the fair weather supporters that didn't renew that year.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You can bet that it will be the same rats giving up their season tickets now, complaining in a couple of seasons time about the loyalty scheme and not being able to go to Arsenal.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Swings and roundabouts.

If some leave no problem, I’ll sign my lad 5 in September on it with a hope of actually getting one in the north stand with me in a couple of years.

As it stands no point paying out each season to then be unable to get him with me.

Some will gain if there is a drop in season tickets.

I don’t think either will happen though unless we drop straight down to L1 or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Any drop in interest will come in about 10 months, when season tickets are up for renewal, if we are in the Champ next season, and unlikely to go up.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
So, how many people are on the season ticket waiting list (STWL) at this moment in time? I would be interested to see if the figures drastically change if we do drop to the second-tier in English football.

Will they drop our yearly payment if we go down? It has only been going up around my way, Lower West. UTA

:bhasign:

Based on your posting history, shouldn't you be called PalaceSorcerer? You do have your own forum (two in fact) to chose from - either the BBS or TheHomesdale.net. Maybe piss off back to one of those.

Palacefinder General - doing the work of the NSC mods since 1696 and rapidly losing the will to live! Wheel out the vat of Enrest's liquid excrement and we'll do our third 'sink or swim' test of the last three days.

Based on your posting history, shouldn't you be called PalaceSorcerer? You do have your own forum (two in fact) to chose from - either the BBS or TheHomesdale.net. Maybe piss off back to one of those.
Aren't you the one who was found out, promoting the Green Man on this thread? https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?371601-Green-Man-for-Wembley!
Indeed. Pretty sure if you go and look on the WWFC forum, there’s a new poster ‘WolvesSorcerer’ currently ‘putting it out there’ that the Green Man is THE pub for Wolves fans to drink in on Sunday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
F*** 95% of the ST Waiting List. These cocks could have bought a ST outright in the January of the season we got promoted. These people are not Albion fans, they just want to see the footballing gods of other clubs off the telly. Sooner they piss off back to Twickers the better :wave:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Swings and roundabouts.

If some leave no problem, I’ll sign my lad 5 in September on it with a hope of actually getting one in the north stand with me in a couple of years.

As it stands no point paying out each season to then be unable to get him with me.

Some will gain if there is a drop in season tickets.

I don’t think either will happen though unless we drop straight down to L1 or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF come Feb next year, it looks like there’ll be a second successive season of Championship football for 2020/21, I wonder if a much larger number of s/t holders don’t renew?

Recent fans seem to love the whole PL ‘product’, the hype, the media coverage, the buzz of a match day as Chelsea arrive, and the chance to see top 6 players in the flesh (i.e. not on Sky/BT).

Being a bad loser, for me that comes with a low probability of achieving a result, so it wouldn’t be the end of the world to taste Championship football again.

Last edited:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I don't have a season ticket or on waiting list. My life would be easier if we do go down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here