Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andy Naylor's deleted retweet

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Has anyone seen anything from any of the team on Twitter at all? All seems a bit odd, especially with the lack of interviews on the radio following the game...

Not a single Instagram post from any of the squad either. Think they've been advised to keep quiet.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Still showing up on my twitter feed but fails to load when clicking on the actual tweet.

Screenshot_20190414_173505.jpg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well done Molumby .... Stephens was the best, of an outclassed bunch.

Sorry, I know we normally agree, but on this occasion I don’t.

He was really poor, for me, definitely the 5th was down to him and arguably the first as well (together with Propper).

He did break up play, kept possession and did a lot of good things, but he was also ponderous and got caught with the ball, more than I’ve ever seen.

We lost that game because of 11 shocking performances, but IMO primarily because our midfield was nowhere near the ball. There was no protection for the defence and the whole shape was shambolic, never mind the fact we had no offensive threat.

All of that said he was better than Propper, who seemed ‘switched off’ the entire game.

Edit - in fact Molumby and Sanders look better than Stephens and Propper based on yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He was really poor, for me, definitely the 5th was down to him and arguably the first as well (together with Propper).

He did break up play, kept possession and did a lot of good things, but he was also ponderous and got caught with the ball, more than I’ve ever seen.

We lost that game because of 11 shocking performances, but IMO primarily because our midfield was nowhere near the ball. There was no protection for the defence and the whole shape was shambolic, never mind the fact we had no offensive threat.

All of that said he was better than Propper, who seemed ‘switched off’ the entire game.

Edit - in fact Molumby and Sanders look better than Stephens and Propper based on yesterday

I’m only giving DS a 4 out of 10, I watched him, he broke up so much danger whilst Bissouma and Propper were jogging back from yet another shit ‘attack’.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Bloody Stephens. If it hadn’t been for that fifth goal, we could’ve got something out of that game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I don't think anybody is going to argue for any of our players having a "good game" yesterday. Though I would say, it must have been hard for him with one midfield partner going through the motions, and the other with positional freedom instructed or otherwise.

At this stage, ability needs to be taken as secondary to fight and motivation. Stephens was one of a handful who showed that, that it meant something to him (the bollocking he gave Knockaert is further testament).

This tweet is a sad indictment to what I was referencing with [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] that our fanbase are quick to attack Stephens despite being one of the least guilty for what transpired. To the extent that one of our u23's feels as though he has to stand up for him. If we cannot identify who actually gives a shit about the future of this football club and support them then we are ****ed. Yet, a player who was lethargic and looked like he couldn't give a monkeys about our future (no doubt he thinks he has backup) gets lauded, and suggested on this very thread that, and I quote, he "needs better around him". It is utterly exasperating.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m only giving DS a 4 out of 10, I watched him, he broke up so much danger whilst Bissouma and Propper were jogging back from yet another shit ‘attack’.

Sure, don’t think I’m defending Propper because I’m not, he actually ‘hid’ for most of the game which is almost unforgivable for me.

Whilst I accept Stephens tried, unfortunately he was really poor, again all IMO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think anybody is going to argue for any of our players having a "good game" yesterday. Though I would say, it must have been hard for him with one midfield partner going through the motions, and the other with positional freedom instructed or otherwise.

At this stage, ability needs to be taken as secondary to fight and motivation. Stephens was one of a handful who showed that, that it meant something to him (the bollocking he gave Knockaert is further testament).

This tweet is a sad indictment to what I was referencing with [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] that our fanbase are quick to attack Stephens despite being one of the least guilty for what transpired. To the extent that one of our u23's feels as though he has to stand up for him. If we cannot identify who actually gives a shit about the future of this football club and support them then we are ****ed. Yet, a player who was lethargic and looked like he couldn't give a monkeys about our future (no doubt he thinks he has backup) gets lauded, and suggested on this very thread that, and I quote, he "needs better around him". It is utterly exasperating.

The senior players by all accounts have always rated Stephens their ‘player’s player’, and Molumby with his technical knowledge picked up on a (relatively) good performance by DS in his given role. Hard to argue with their professional knowledge of the game, of matches. Their eye wouldn’t have been swayed by some barnstorming runs, culminating in a cross to row Z.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Sorry wasn’t having a pop at yourself or anyone else, just highlighting I felt Stephens was well off his normal level, along with the rest.

Fans are fickle, always have been, always will, it’s just a lot worse with social media. Last week Hughton was brilliant tactically against the best team in the world, this week over 50% want him out. Knockaert was MoM last week, great reception in the warm-up, 70 mins later he’s a figure of hate (for some).

Couldn’t agree more re fight and motivation.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let’s hope we don’t go down on goal difference.

And the first?

Sense of humour by-pass? Chill out. Maybe go and have sex with the missus, or even better have the real deal: a tommy tank.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The senior players by all accounts have always rated Stephens their ‘player’s player’, and Molumby with his technical knowledge picked up on a (relatively) good performance by DS in his given role. Hard to argue with their professional knowledge of the game, of matches. Their eye wouldn’t have been swayed by some barnstorming runs, culminating in a cross to row Z.

They have indeed and still should be one of the first names for me.

It would be extremely unlikely for a junior pro to call out a senior one though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sense of humour by-pass? Chill out. Maybe go and have sex with the missus, or even better have the real deal: a tommy tank.

Always.....

To all of that post.

Just p!ssed off with the level of performance (even now) [emoji2]

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I was watching Stephens yesterday because I argue with my neighbour about him. It now appears he looks forward first, then side, then back. The fact he had to pass back frequently yesterday was down to his teammates not him. I really hate to do down our team but the movement from our forward players is ridiculously static. At Chelsea their forwards were permanently moving and miraculously passes are on whereas our forward players are virtually static and surprisingly are marked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here