Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] WORST game EVER at the Amex?

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
Interestingly BBC Radio Sussex have been told that no players will be giving post-match interviews...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think the 0-2 playoff defeat to Palace will never be usurped from the hall of home shitness.

But that was a close game as was the playoff draw v Wednesday. We tried, we were unlucky....

I was working abroad during the Semi management months so can't comment on those, but for me this was absolutely the worst game I've seen for many a year. We were beyond bad, there was no passion and when it was displayed, it was in one of the worst tackles I think I've ever seen at the Amex.

I feel flat, numb and disappointed. These players have let us down in way the playoff losing teams did not.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The season when Derby outclassed us four times was cringeworthy. A SF play off game was men versus shite snails, the same as today.

Oh yeah, god that play off was awful. However I remember just being chuffed to have reached the playoffs after that amazing last minute Ulloa goal up at Forest. I wonder if Oscar Garcia does drink sangria?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Disagree, I thought until AK’s stupidity we were well in the game. For an hour we were nowhere near as bad as the Soton game. We fell apart at that point which is very worrying. The one constant since promotion has been the team spirit, we look to be losing that IMO.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Disagree, I thought until AK’s stupidity we were well in the game. For an hour we were nowhere near as bad as the Soton game. We fell apart at that point which is very worrying. The one constant since promotion has been the team spirit, we look to be losing that IMO.
And I disagree with your comment- we may have had possession and knocked the ball around but we were toothless, the Bournemouth defence did not break sweat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the 0-2 playoff defeat to Palace will never be usurped from the hall of home shitness.

We hit the bar in that game and created quite a few first half chances. Please don't compare that performance with this shower of shite.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Losing 5-0 to Stoke at the Withdean takes some beating

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Just remind you that first shot on target was on 94th minute.......hardly looking like we are coming back into it when we are 2 down is it?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

And we’re losing the support - I’ve never seen the Amex so empty before a game has ended

04B4B623-82EE-4628-B47C-DA6F93F39184.jpeg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And I disagree with your comment- we may have had possession and knocked the ball around but we were toothless, the Bournemouth defence did not break sweat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We had a lot of the ball early on but didnt look like we would score a goal. Bournemouth had 1 chance that they should have scored but did so with their 2nd, that was the difference

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We lost 5-1 to Stoke at Withdean in the final game of the season. It’s the last time I remember the team giving up in a home match.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not the worse ive seen, to be little ray of sunshine, we played OK for 30 min and even after that. just dont have any creativity, pace or drive in the final 1/3rd. score flattered then and their counter-attack. oh how i'd love to see 4-5 of out players running into the opposition box.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey. I don't think even the uber-pessimists saw that coming.

No, I predicted we would win the second half 1-0 after conceding two well worked goals in the first half.

I think that was our worst performance at home since we conceded 8 to Bristol Rovers.

I have never left at 0-3 and actually missed us concede 2 more goals.

The way that Duffy thought he was the new Stevie G, only for the opposition to break away and score, suggests that CH has lost some of the team. That was at 0-0, FFS. The AK career suicide seemed to confirm it.

They played like they had just come out of the pub after a couple of pints before a game in the park.

We may well lose to Cardiff, then it will be suicide watch as we peek between our fingers at Cardiff as they grind out the points they need to stay up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here