Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The race to become cannon fodder

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You've got me totally wrong. Not moaning about this season, I'm loving supporting Albion at the moment. I'm making a point that we (club, manager and supporters) shouldn't continually set low expectations. A couple of years of aiming for 17th is understandable, but there's a few commonly held beliefs I just don't buy .. one is that we can never establish ourselves as a club (like, say Leicester or Wolves) which at the start of a season is highly unlikely to go down.

I think its more that there is a worry that we set high expectations too soon. Of course we can establish ourselves in the Prem. In the case of Leicester and wolves it was the signing of a couple of bargain superstars - mahrez / kante, jimenez / neves. But it's not done by demanding we should be better and being frustrated by finishing 16th, and consequently wanting to change everything too quickly, such as binning off the manager. Build up our foundations, stay in the league, develop all the infrastructure and youth systems, keep improving all the behind the scenes stuff, and one day we'll get our superstars

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here