Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do you expect our new signings to kick on next season?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
RB, DCM, ACM, striker, and perhaps a winger.
Given the young English talent out there, might a season-long loan for one of those (winger for preference) be on the cards?

We seem to have so many wingers, I don’t mind if we don’t recruit another this summer.

A couple of those we have might markedly improve, once we get a much improved attacking centre midfield (hopefully with pace).

If we stay up, it could be quite exciting. Building on the defensive stability of these two cautious seasons.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
RB, DCM, ACM, striker, and perhaps a winger.
Given the young English talent out there, might a season-long loan for one of those (winger for preference) be on the cards?

Reece James of Chelsea would be ideal.

Has seriously impressed on loan in the championship this year, but is probably 12 months of experience away from being first choice Chelsea RB. I’d be happy for us to bridge that gap.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well our wages bill is somewhere between Burnley and Huddersfield. For the Prem - modest. Chelsea's wage being 3x that.

Does that mean that all Chelsea players are on three times what all Brighton players are on?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shane Duffy had an injury at end of last season and waited til close season to have an op. It does happen.

The Dunk/Duffy partnership is the bedrock of the team though, so I can understand putting that op off, if he's able to play through it.

Izqueirdo is good, but he's not AS important a component in the starting XI as Duffy.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ashworth & Winstanley must be carrying out a thorough review of all the age groups, especially the 23's, to see where the potential first team squad members are. After that we need to acquire players that will (almost) guarantee improving the first team irrespective of who did what this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With another £110m in broadcasting income, with circa half of that spent in new transfer fees this summer, I think we’ll sign a RB, possibly 2 x attacking/creative CM’ers and a striker. Well, that’s my hope.
Half of £110M will barely get the two top CMs we need. If we get them, they will make the rest of the team tick. Forget getting in loads of full backs, wingers, and strikers - what we've got can do OK with the right people running the game in the middle of the park, controlling the midfield and giving the attacking players enough chances to score (they are capable of converting a percentage of their chances; it's just that at the present the problem is that a percentage of sweet FA is just that - sweet FA).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Half of £110M will barely get the two top CMs we need. If we get them, they will make the rest of the team tick. Forget getting in loads of full backs, wingers, and strikers - what we've got can do OK with the right people running the game in the middle of the park, controlling the midfield and giving the attacking players enough chances to score (they are capable of converting a percentage of their chances; it's just that at the present the problem is that a percentage of sweet FA is just that - sweet FA).

You'd go into next season with Andone, Locadia and Murray as our strike force?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
“If” we stay up, and it’s all on our hands, a close season seems to be just as important as the season just gone! Who do you expect to make the necessary adjustments and kick on and make a name for themself?

Yes, particularly Andone

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reece James of Chelsea would be ideal.

Has seriously impressed on loan in the championship this year, but is probably 12 months of experience away from being first choice Chelsea RB. I’d be happy for us to bridge that gap.

We won’t get someone on loan from Chelsea to spend most of their time on the bench will we ?

Think our back 5 current first choice will stay as it is, and probably the midfield too but with real competition for Stephens needed along with a ‘starting XI ready’ striker to replace Muzza and an RB for Bruno (sob) needed for sure. £50-60m may just about get us three players I guess.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
Has he been signed for the start of the next season?

Also anyone know whether the South African guy needs to spend more time in Belgium to qualify?
I guess if USG win the Belgium play offs for the Uefa cup place then we're more likely to see Tau!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Maddison at LCFC, just an example, cost £22.5m.

Agree as ever that CM and especially ACM is our big deficiency requiring attention this summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maddison at LCFC, just an example, cost £22.5m.

Agree as ever that CM and especially ACM is our big deficiency requiring attention this summer.
You'll be adding to Gross, Bissouma and Jocko McArgieface.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn’t mind seeing a CM three of Stephens sitting deep, with the new ACM, and either Bissouma or Propper making up the three with a free role.
So you'll be losing 2 players, Gross and Jocko, in favour of a third who like it or not (and many don't) will be arriving on a budget, a budget that is likely to exclude him from already being a Premier League mainstay.

All to get the team to the position they are pretty much in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So you'll be losing 2 players, Gross and Jocko, in favour of a third who like it or not (and many don't) will be arriving on a budget, a budget that is likely to exclude him from already being a Premier League mainstay.

All to get the team to the position they are pretty much in.

Something’s got to dramatically improve in our midfield, we never control PL games or large passages of them, or create much.

I’m sure the club are looking at that.

Kayal, Gross, Propper and Bissouma may be admired by most of us, but none of them are producing the attacking goods.

Or, we stay the team that is generally outplayed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here