Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiot who threw the bottle (etc...)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
What I don’t understand is why it makes them aggressive. Being drunk has never made me or any of my mates aggressive. I’m more likely to fall asleep in the corner than start a fight!

I’m happy to report that we had none of this nonsense around us. It’s a shame when the day gets affected by others being twats that you can’t easily move away from.

I’m sure the group in front of us had had a fair bit to drink, but were good natured with it and added to the day rather than detracted from it.

Totaly agree with you I think those who can not drink and stay pleasant should not drink my personal relationship with drink is after one or two become very chatty after three hungry after four sleepy and on the rare occasion I have made five I have fallen asleep

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Did anyone see the idiot who was openly drinking in Block 547 who threw the bottle down from the top tier that hit a child on the head ( as we we later told)?

Clearly pissed up and several of us were pointing him out to stewards who were not interested in dealing with it. one guy closer than me had to be restrained from hitting him at which point he left. 15 mins later security came looking for him.
Not seen it reported anywhere as how the victim is.
This in exactly the reason why they won't let drinking in seats.
I restrained the man behind me and thankfully managed to persuade him to sit down. His wife went and got the stewards who did nothing for several minutes allowing the guy in question to simply walk away. His mate, who was wearing a seagull mask, was also very drunk and slept most of the second half. The incident was quite upsetting for all the kids in that section not to mention the poor kid who was hit on the head. I've checked a couple of photos / videos I took but don't seem to have a photo of the culprit.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Did anyone see the idiot who was openly drinking in Block 547 who threw the bottle down from the top tier that hit a child on the head ( as we we later told)?

Clearly pissed up and several of us were pointing him out to stewards who were not interested in dealing with it. one guy closer than me had to be restrained from hitting him at which point he left. 15 mins later security came looking for him.
Not seen it reported anywhere as how the victim is.
This in exactly the reason why they won't let drinking in seats.

Why didn't someone take a pic ?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I saw the bottle flying from 547 but didnt see the thrower. I'd have thought itd be on cctv? - and if the guy was in his seat he can presumably be identified.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
It saddens me to be able to concur with the general theme of this thread.
I've been following the Albion since 1962, every cup final, every semi-final, every play off final, zillions of 'ordinary' league matches too, home and away, and I can't remember witnessing so many absurdly drunken supporters at one match before.

Was it because of the stupid kick off time? Yeah, maybe.
Was it because of the absurdly easy access to alcohol in today's 'modern' society? Could be.
Is the undoubted wealth of the South East corner of the UK a factor? It certainly makes binge drinking more accessible.

Whatever the root causes, the net effect on me yesterday was to be ashamed and embarrassed by some of my fellow so called 'supporters', especially the four twenty something pissheads in the Sainsbury's local at the bottom of Wembley way around 8pm'ish.
Waiting to pay for our goods, the queue was beginning to build, so the security guy on the door calmly and politely called across to the whole queue that the self check out tills were open if we'd like to use them.
The four pissheads decked out in Albion colours responded by proclaiming "we'll queue where we fecking want, and we'll use whatever tills we fecking want, so don't try telling us what to do matey or you'll regret it".
The security guard to his credit did not rise to the bait and just shook his head, but I rose to it, and seeing as I was also decked out in the colours I thought as a fellow fan I might get through to any sensibilities the alcohol might not have attacked yet, and I said to the loud mouthed one "there was no need for that mate, he was only trying to help by getting you out of the shop quicker".
My new found loud mouthed drunken fellow supporter friend responded by saying "fvck off Grandad what the fvck has it got to do with you?", accompanied by much laughter from two of his equally inebriated friends, although the slightly less drunk 4th friend did have the grace to apologise and said to me "sorry mate, I think he might have had a few too many today".
I wasn't about to get into a fight with four drunks 40 years younger than me, so I just turned to the security guard and apologised and said "don't judge all Brighton fans by the behaviour of these four idiots, very few of us are like them".
He didn't say a word, he just nodded.
Was anybody else in the shop at that time and witnessed it?
I am just curious as to whether the lads kicked off again after I left, or whether they just paid for their stuff and went?

Fortunately I did not witness any actual violence all day, either inside or outside, but there was no shortage of verbally aggressive twats outside after the game trying to show how hard half a pint of cider can make them.
I was in block 142, the £80 a pop seats for those like me stupid enough to pay it, and a guy no more than 20 seats away from me was openly spreading his arms singing (shouting) his 'song' out loudly ...... with a bottle of Budweiser in EACH hand.
WTF?
How did he get those in, and why flaunt them like that?
I assume he also paid £80 for his seat, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't there when I looked again halfway through the 1st half, so I suspect the stewards had removed him.
He'll probably be telling all his mates today what a great day he had!

We need to keep things in context though.
Nobody knows for certain exactly how many Albion fans were there, but circa 35,000+ is probably not too far wide of the mark, and it's maybe only a few hundred at most that shamed our good name, but those few hundred have certainly left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'd love to think they were all tourists and we'll never see their likes again until the next big 'event' ......... but I fear I'm being naive.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Reading this thread makes me feel lucky to have not seen any of this. Saw a lot of extreme drunkeness - one bunch of Albion fans outside Victoria station at 1230 behaving like idiots and trying to be intimidating but so off their heads I'd be surprised if they even made it to the game - but no violence.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
a guy no more than 20 seats away from me was openly spreading his arms singing (shouting) his 'song' out loudly ...... with a bottle of Budweiser in EACH hand.
WTF?
How did he get those in, and why flaunt them like that?

The Budweiser was sold on the concourse in plastic bottles (lids removed!) so he probably got them at ones of the bars. The stewards checking no one took drink to their seats were rubbish though and loads were opening drinking in their seats near me.

That said do totally agree with the rest of your post. All the drunken divs came out of the woodwork for Saturday, saw quite a few examples of it myself.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I was in Block 541 ( Upper Tier ) A bloke in the row in front, twice went downstairs and came back with pints of alcohol. Stewards must have seen him. No one said a dicky bird to him. Saw a group of City fans outside Wembley who looked like they started drinking on Thursday. Absolutely out of their skulls. Also saw a lot of Albion fans, loud and inebriated.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Same, saw a group of lads I recognise from the NS trying to kick off trouble with city fans outside. When they got what they wanted, a huge city fan came charging towards them and they bottled it big time.

As for trouble in wembley itself, I didn't see any. But I didn't go for the cheap seats which is where you'd find most of the day trippers.

I think I saw that he was he was a fair old lump

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
We need to keep things in context though.
Nobody knows for certain exactly how many Albion fans were there, but circa 35,000+ is probably not too far wide of the mark, and it's maybe only a few hundred at most that shamed our good name, but those few hundred have certainly left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I'd love to think they were all tourists and we'll never see their likes again until the next big 'event' ......... but I fear I'm being naive.

Very good post.

I posted on the 'A couple of observation yesterday' thread about an incident where two completely bladdered idiots sat in 2 seats behind us at the start of the second half (the tickets holders hadn't made it back to their seats at that point due to the queues for the toilets). Their loud disgusting language and abuse had everyone around us shaking their heads! Fortunately, the people who had the tickets for those seats came back 5 minutes or so later and the idiots staggered off down the steps... no doubt looking for their next victims!!

Me and my lad had a great day overall... like most people... but imagine how much better it could have been if the 'few' hundred idiots that can't handle their drink without getting aggressive and dairy had stayed away! There would be no need for these negative threads for one thing!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sadly it’s just not alcohol, or is it fashionable to walk around with talcum powder on your top lip?

Can someone enlighten me as to how it makes you feel during the match. Do you know what’s going on or do you just feel like a zombie and act like a prick ?

Why would cocaine make you feel like a zombie?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've been following the Albion since 1962, every cup final, every semi-final, every play off final, zillions of 'ordinary' league matches too, home and away, and I can't remember witnessing so many absurdly drunken supporters at one match before.

Have you identified the group that also believe:

PB zero tolerance policy is wrong
It's only banter
The Police are always too heavy handed
My mate was innocent

The trouble is that for the 99% of sensible people, the drunken idiot and his equally drunken mate can spoil the whole day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here