Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why’s it not quite working at the moment?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So, they got a corner! And we responded with a flurry of corners of our own. Without Heaton's 2 (yes, there were two) brilliant saves - and I'm not counting the one that March hit straight at him - we could have been two up in twenty minutes or so. Different game then - but obviously you don't think so.

And nobody who knows what they are talking about, having played the game at the highest level, has denied that 30 seconds of officiating incompetence at a point when we were on top and pressing hard didn't change a likely 2-1 into 3-0, an aberration which every commentator has stated would have been overturned by VAR. These things happen in football - and this was a glaringly bad example and unfortunately it happened to us yesterday. We weren't at our best yesterday it is true, and if we'd clawed back a point it would have flattered us - but so did the 3-1 score flatter Burnley. But if you want to stick to your agenda that we were rolled over, trussed up, completely outplayed and totally stuffed, carry on......................

Oh FFS wind your neck in and don't be so f***in' patronising. I'm not wearing blue and white spectacles at all - I have noticed - and commented on here to that effect - that we have been relegated from PL division 2 to PL division 3 in the last few weeks through a bad run of results and a worrying loss of form. Plenty of other clubs will experience a loss of form and a bad run of results before this season is over - it is the natural way of football.
Yes, it is a bit worrying that the pack has caught us up, but geez, some of the crap OTT reactions on here .......................... :facepalm:

I really wouldn't bother...the op seems always keen to lay the boot in no matter what ..his glass isn't half full generally its empty

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I really wouldn't bother...the op seems always keen to lay the boot in no matter what ..his glass isn't half full generally its empty
I admit to not exactly being a happy clapper myself, mate, but some of the garbage written on here since yesterday evening has made me check to make sure our next fixture isn't a genuinely must not lose game at Hereford!

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
I admit to not exactly being a happy clapper myself, mate, but some of the garbage written on here since yesterday evening has made me check to make sure our next fixture isn't a genuinely must not lose game at Hereford!

Indeed. Having waited 34 years to get back in the top division, I never thought it would be easy. Disappointing run of results, but some of the slagging off of our players and manager is embarrassing.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree, however one is supposed to learn from mistakes, that should be aimed at posters as well as players and coaches!

Indeed. Having waited 34 years to get back in the top division, I never thought it would be easy. Disappointing run of results, but some of the slagging off of our players and manager is embarrassing.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So, they got a corner! And we responded with a flurry of corners of our own. Without Heaton's 2 (yes, there were two) brilliant saves - and I'm not counting the one that March hit straight at him - we could have been two up in twenty minutes or so. Different game then - but obviously you don't think so.

And nobody who knows what they are talking about, having played the game at the highest level, has denied that 30 seconds of officiating incompetence at a point when we were on top and pressing hard didn't change a likely 2-1 into 3-0, an aberration which every commentator has stated would have been overturned by VAR. These things happen in football - and this was a glaringly bad example and unfortunately it happened to us yesterday. We weren't at our best yesterday it is true, and if we'd clawed back a point it would have flattered us - but so did the 3-1 score flatter Burnley. But if you want to stick to your agenda that we were rolled over, trussed up, completely outplayed and totally stuffed, carry on......................

Oh FFS wind your neck in and don't be so f***in' patronising. I'm not wearing blue and white spectacles at all - I have noticed - and commented on here to that effect - that we have been relegated from PL division 2 to PL division 3 in the last few weeks through a bad run of results and a worrying loss of form. Plenty of other clubs will experience a loss of form and a bad run of results before this season is over - it is the natural way of football.
Yes, it is a bit worrying that the pack has caught us up, but geez, some of the crap OTT reactions on here .......................... :facepalm:

Great post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here