Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thing is his aggressive side combined with bit of pace lead to the goal last night, not sure our other players would have scored that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This. Not keen on the cheating aspect to his game, and not sure he's up to it either. If he'd not scored that goal against Palace he'd have loads of fans on his back by now because for the large part he has been bang average.

My concern is that neither Locadia nor Andone are up to it.

I know what you mean, but he’s busy, looks the part and did get into goal scoring positions. Bit more confidence and he could find the net regularly. I’m starting to like Locadia. Like you say though, whether both are up to us progressing in the league remains to be seen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nor will failing to look remotely like scoring against a championship fringe side *and* behaving like a prick.

Fail to look remotely like scoring?

He had a decent effort low across the goal, six inches wide.
He put a really excellent header in the top corner - from an offside position.
And he, er , ‘scored’.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know what you mean, but he’s busy, looks the part and did get into goal scoring positions. Bit more confidence and he could find the net regularly. I’m starting to like Locadia. Like you say though, whether both are up to us progressing in the league remains to be seen.
I'm not saying any of our players didn't look industrious, but is that enough? Even the goal he scored was incredibly fortunate. I'm telling you, Locadia was being absolutely berated for looking powder puff despite clearly working hard - he'd have killed for a jammy finish like the one Andone benefitted from. In another universe, Andone gets that chance, it goes for a corner off the keepers legs and we go out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fail to look remotely like scoring?

He had a decent effort low across the goal, six inches wide.
He put a really excellent header in the top corner - from an offside position.
And he, er , ‘scored’.
Decent effort? You of all people would have absolutely slaughtered Locadia for missing the target completely from six yards.

And yeah he scored - straight through the keepers legs with the whole goal to aim at. :rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not saying any of our players didn't look industrious, but is that enough? Even the goal he scored was incredibly fortunate. I'm telling you, Locadia was being absolutely berated for looking powder puff despite clearly working hard - he'd have killed for a jammy finish like the one Andone benefitted from. In another universe, Andone gets that chance, it goes for a corner off the keepers legs and we go out.

Locadia’s issue is because he looks a bit gangly, and flappy footed, you immediately think he can’t play straight from the off - the lad is up against it in that regard. Andone looks composed, balanced, like he naturally should be good before he’s even kicked. AND between the legs is a sign of a dead accurate clinical finisher in my book.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Locadia’s issue is because he looks a bit gangly, and flappy footed, you immediately think he can’t play straight from the off - the lad is up against it in that regard. Andone looks composed, balanced, like he naturally should be good before he’s even kicked. AND between the legs is a sign of a dead accurate clinical finisher in my book.
I hope they both progress, and I'm they both might. I am just saying the jury is out - last night certainly didn't allay my fears.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I like him. Most of the best strikers have a bit of that about them. And from what i have seen, he can cut it in the prem.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Decent effort? You of all people would have absolutely slaughtered Locadia for missing the target completely from six yards.

And yeah he scored - straight through the keepers legs with the whole goal to aim at. :rolleyes:

You really are a clown aren’t you? He had the whole goal to aim at and guess what, he found the target...

By your standards Murray is shit too as he could only score his first goal with his cock, come on he had his whole body to score with...!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I Even the goal he scored was incredibly fortunate. I'm telling you, Locadia was being absolutely berated for looking powder puff despite clearly working hard - he'd have killed for a jammy finish like the one Andone benefitted from. In another universe, Andone gets that chance, it goes for a corner off the keepers legs and we go out.

ha ! Literally a few minutes ago - you'd forgotten that he'd actually scored and was arguing in several posts the complete opposite. . Now you've admitted he looked like scoring (because he did !!) and its "incredibly fortunate". Have you actually seen it ? He really has to work hard to win it off the first defender, he nutmegs the 2nd defender skillfully and then places it through the goalkeepers legs.
In another universe NSC wouldn't have posters arguing on here at midnight etc , with no evidence whatsoever, that night is day. but hey ho.

[tweet]1093265184859344897[/tweet]

via https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1093265184859344897

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You really are a clown aren’t you? He had the whole goal to aim at and guess what, he found the target...

By your standards Murray is shit too as he could only score his first goal with his cock, come on he had his whole body to score with...!
We no, I'm not a clown. You on the other hand seem to be struggling with the basics.

For Murray's goal, the ball went over the line safely away from the keeper and he didn't know much about it anyway. For Andone, he had the whole goal to aim at, and he thumped it straight at the keeper. That is what concerns me. Another day, that goes out for a corner and we're out of the cup.

I am not saying he is shit, I am saying I remain unconvinced he is going to adequately replace Murray when his time is up. Please refrain from calling me a clown just because you can't comprehend basic English.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'm Team Andone. Like Murray, he has got a bit of mischief about him but playing up front, you've got to have that.

It's a bit like Sergio Ramos (I wish). No doubt an excellent player who can also be a complete thug. Can't stand the bloke. But put him in the Stripes and I would love him to bits.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It was a confident finish with his weaker foot for the goal.

Not having it was a confident finish. It reminded me of one of my finishes when I coach at the weekend and there might not be a keeper. My first rule on a demonstration is to hit the target (the kids love it when we miss). He just kicked it on target and got lucky.

I like him BTW but that was a red. Lucky boy.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
We no, I'm not a clown. You on the other hand seem to be struggling with the basics.

For Murray's goal, the ball went over the line safely away from the keeper and he didn't know much about it anyway. For Andone, he had the whole goal to aim at, and he thumped it straight at the keeper. That is what concerns me. Another day, that goes out for a corner and we're out of the cup.

I am not saying he is shit, I am saying I remain unconvinced he is going to adequately replace Murray when his time is up. Please refrain from calling me a clown just because you can't comprehend basic English.

Nice for us all to have the luxury of critiquing the way our goals went in.............as opposed to pissing and moaning about another game where we didn't score. Excellent!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here