Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Annoying habits of your other half

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Talking loudly on the phone in her loud Hospital voice (she's a nurse and no, the uniforms do not compensate for it) when the phone is cordless and she's shouting down it 2 feet away whilst I'm watching TV. She's doing it now.

Mine’s a nurse too.

Got totally castigated a few weeks ago for calling her uniform an “outfit”. And yes - she has aloud hospital voice too. Usually when I’m trying to watch something!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I could go on all day, off the top of my head:
- Leaving things on the stairs that need to be put up but walking past them until I pick them up
- Forever miss-placing her keys/phone etc then getting angry at me for not helping her find them
- Making a sandwich and leaving all the ingredients out and not tidying up as she goes
- Never cooking. Ever. But moaning she is hungry so I make her some food. Then complaining my portion sizes are making her fat.
- Double Standards in general
- Buying things we don't need, then returning them
- Asking my opinion on something then getting angry at me for not genuinely having one
- Talking over me and cutting me off.
- Not going to bed when she is tired and falling asleep on the sofa.
- Calling me when I am working for trivial things that can wait until I am home
- Complaining the house is a mess when we have kids
- Being unable to do anything with the children (shopping, paperwork, etc) but expecting me to do DIY while holding a baby and a toddler at my ankles then moaning how much I have got done
- Moaning as whatever I do is not good enough. I tidied up the whole house the other day and she had a go about the fridge being disorganised.
- Wanting me to both simultaneously work less, but make more money.
- Asking for something as soon as I sit down to eat dinner when she could just go into the kitchen herself.
- Generally not be self-sufficient and asking for things. I was brought up with a attitude of doing things for yourself. i.e I would never ask someone to get me a drink in my own house.
- Comparing us to our friends, "X is always taking Y away."
- Be massively impatient, yet taking ages to do anything herself.
- Asking me to add things to the Alexa shopping list despite being in the same room.
- Shouting at me from another room/floor for me to come to her so she can talk to me

But are you happy?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Her hobbit feet really annoy me. I don’t know why, because small is normally beautiful. It’s just when she sits there shaving the hair off her toes. Yuk!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Trying to plan some random thing together a few weeks ahead knowing full well that it coincides with Brighton are playing at home. She wanted to go to the Lake District knowing full well we play Leicester at home that weekend! Ive told her l will take her the weekend of the 8/9 Dec (when we play Burnley away), but lve forgot to mention that bit yet!)

Capture.JPG

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Trying to plan some random thing together a few weeks ahead knowing full well that it coincides with Brighton are playing at home. She wanted to go to the Lake District knowing full well we play Leicester at home that weekend! Ive told her l will take her the weekend of the 8/9 Dec (when we play Burnley away), but lve forgot to mention that bit yet!)

Very similar.........have suggested we might go and see our daughter on her birthday (she lives in the borders, and been meaning to have a drive up there for a while), and make a short 2 or 3 night getaway out of it. The ‘stopping off in Burnley on the way home’ bit will follow later [emoji23][emoji23]

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
using things like a pair of scissors / tape measure and putting it back in a different place she got it from . THEN forgetting where she put it back. Weve probably got about 5 of each now but only can be found at any one time . My solution is I hide a tape measure and if she asks where it is I say I don't know which makes her spend ages looking for the other ones.

Shoes - we have a cupboard where we put shoes. The other day I came in and she had 5 pairs and a random shoe scattered around the house . in the bedroom, under a table. Came back from work the other day and my daughter had done the same with a couple pairs s oi picked them up and threw them outside. When I once cleared out the shoe cupboard there were 3 odd shoes . literally couldn't find the other one .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
25 years ago a friend of ours from Sweden gave me a moose antler bottle opener as a thank-you gift when going home. I have used it most days since. The other half has now given me a bottle opener with my name on it. Why? The other one is fine and has memories attached to it. But I can't just carry on using it, or she'll be annoyed that I'm not using the one she has given me. Why has she done this and put me in this dilemma??

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Mrs Raymondo puts a motley collection of dirty plates, glasses and knives in the washing up bowl...in two inches of dishwater. I don't mind washing them up, my issue is that I have to take them all out again to see what I've got, and so I can start with clean water/ fairy. And...she rarely re-tightens the tops on bottles, jars she's used: many's the times I've picked up a bottle of milk only for it to empty into the fridge!! Infuriating!!! we

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The kitchen. She's like a magnet when I go in there. Yesterday, I was emptying the dishwasher minding my own business. In trots the wife and chucks a bag of washing on the floor, blocks the way to all the cupboards and opens the washing machine and then starts sorts the washing into colours. I thought bollocks to this and went in the lounge to get the 'Are you going to finish this off? question

Well I effing would if you'd get out the way FFS.

This.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
cooking - she cant - but literally 50% of the time will forget to turn the oven off or leave rice on forget about it and burn it on to the bottom of the pan. She once put some eggs on to boil went out forgetting they were on . They exploded, up the walls on the ceiling. I wanted to wait to see how long it would be before she cleaned it off. After 2 weeks I did it myself.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
My wife is so heavy handed around our house, bursting through doors, slamming her way around the kitchen, ripping curtains & blinds off the wall. Drives me mad! The kids are unconsciously picking up the habit too. Won’t be long before I’m just following them all around the house wearing a tool belt!

Also, if I use her car I just get in & go without changing any settings. When I get in my car after she’s used it the drivers seat is profiled for some kind of monster, all the mirrors are pointing at the sky, the steering wheel is miles away, the aircon settings are locked on RED HOT GALE FORCE WINDS, and the radio is blaring take that. She only went to the flippin shop!! Takes me days to get the feng shui in order...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Curiously those with other halves on here as well seem not to be posting so much ;-)

I have been very conservative as although she isn't a member she does snoop at my posts on here from time to time which I find irritating..... Hi Mrs TC! :wave:

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I could go on all day, off the top of my head:
- Leaving things on the stairs that need to be put up but walking past them until I pick them up
- Forever miss-placing her keys/phone etc then getting angry at me for not helping her find them
- Making a sandwich and leaving all the ingredients out and not tidying up as she goes
- Never cooking. Ever. But moaning she is hungry so I make her some food. Then complaining my portion sizes are making her fat.
- Double Standards in general
- Buying things we don't need, then returning them
- Asking my opinion on something then getting angry at me for not genuinely having one
- Talking over me and cutting me off.
- Not going to bed when she is tired and falling asleep on the sofa.
- Calling me when I am working for trivial things that can wait until I am home
- Complaining the house is a mess when we have kids
- Being unable to do anything with the children (shopping, paperwork, etc) but expecting me to do DIY while holding a baby and a toddler at my ankles then moaning how much I have got done
- Moaning as whatever I do is not good enough. I tidied up the whole house the other day and she had a go about the fridge being disorganised.
- Wanting me to both simultaneously work less, but make more money.
- Asking for something as soon as I sit down to eat dinner when she could just go into the kitchen herself.
- Generally not be self-sufficient and asking for things. I was brought up with a attitude of doing things for yourself. i.e I would never ask someone to get me a drink in my own house.
- Comparing us to our friends, "X is always taking Y away."
- Be massively impatient, yet taking ages to do anything herself.
- Asking me to add things to the Alexa shopping list despite being in the same room.
- Shouting at me from another room/floor for me to come to her so she can talk to me

How long have you been seeing my other half?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here