Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool's 3 shots on target was their 2nd lowest of the season, in the league

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I thought we had a shot on target with the Gross shot that Paula blocked or does that not count under the modern day football banner ? , the fact is we have been beaten by probably one of the best teams in Europe by 1 goal AGAIN at this rate of improvement next season should see us bagging at least 2 points from Liverpool, they won’t see their 2 games against us as clear cut wins as they probably did last and this season, we’re getting there slowly, but we’re getting there .

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Great.

But we had zero shots on target at home. So hardly a stat to shout from the rooftops.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That Gross effort blocked by Fabinho looked on target to me. But still not a lot to yell about.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The game was prob dire if watching from your sofa.

Being there it was great. Tense and tactical. Very absorbing. Wasn't drinking and still got well involved and fired up.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really enjoyed the game. It took great discipline to restrict a normally rampant Liverpool side to so few chances and the Albion should be commended not lambasted for it. Whilst we may not have had 'shots on target', we did create a few openings against the most parsimonious defence in the league and the possibility of a point was there until the final whistle. You can concede possession to Liverpool but you cannot gift them time and space without getting battered.

With United on a roll at the moment a similar approach on Saturday may give us the opportunity to gain an unexpected point at Old Trafford. At the very least we should approach game with a level confidence that we may not have previously shown.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The game was prob dire if watching from your sofa.

Being there it was great. Tense and tactical. Very absorbing. Wasn't drinking and still got well involved and fired up.

Dont think Dwayne was there though...maybe thats why he thought it was dire whilst doing his knitting...knit one pearl one...knit one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The point I didn't quite make on this thread but was alluding to instead of 'the media' making a big thing about our shots on target, why aren't they commenting on Liverpool's failing in the same statistic.

After all according to Transfermarket they did come as the Albion with:-

Salah - £135m
Firmino - £72m
Mané - £67.5m
Shaqiri - £22.5m

£297,000,000's worth of attacking talent.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We had nil dives in their penalty area. On 13 minutes, Locadia instead of shooting on his weaker foot, scould have dribbled and dived!?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The point I didn't quite make on this thread but was alluding to instead of 'the media' making a big thing about our shots on target, why aren't they commenting on Liverpool's failing in the same statistic.

After all according to Transfermarket they did come as the Albion with:-

Salah - £135m
Firmino - £72m
Sane - £67.5m
Shaqiri - £22.5m

£297,000,000's worth of attacking talent.

Who?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here