⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I enjoyed that.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Hughton slow to make subs, we start negatively, Arsenal we’re there for the taking! Agree Locadia Man of the Match. Hughton -10 🎅🏻

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Good point , shame have a touch of the 'what ifs' that we didnt get 3 points but great performance once we got going. Controlled much of the game and Arsenal looked dangerous but never really looked like scoring second half as the defending was immense again and thats despite one or two errors.

22 points from 19 games is a good return & second half of the season may deliver more than the 22 from the first but much depends on Ryan's replacement really stepping up to the mark.

Poor start to Xmas at B'muff where we didnt deserve to lose but good ending over Arsenal , lets hope the next 2 weekends can make the New Year off to a great start.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Arsenal have been easing through PL games. Genuine question, do you think the skill/industry of the Albion players and system after the equaliser, made them look ordinary?
I think so, we worked hard to push them back and worried them, their attack is great but defending is average. Stephens trying to pass the ball forward more often helped with this.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Pleased with the result in the end. Could and should have got more.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Excellent performance.

Locadia MOTM... Why haven't we been playing him more?

We have proven today we are capable of matching the big teams. We just need to have the same confidence in all big 6 fixtures from the 1st minute. Our stuttering start cost us possibly 3 points today, as it has in similar fixtures.

All in all, happy with a point. Particularly pleased for Locadia. Onwards and upwards.

Maybe he has shown something different in training recently.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
We were good-very good for 70 minutes. Get that going for a full 90 and we'll be a decent team.

We tightened up defensively and looked good on the ball in the second half. I thought we looked the more likely to get the winner.

I wonder if those people who moaned about Stephens and the 'negative' line up will have changed their mind after that performance?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Pleased for the Jurgs. Hope he's happier on the inside than he seemed in the interview, and gets a little addicted to hard work and moments of glory.
A frustrating game, overall, for the incorrect manner in the start, and then not punishing the tired-looking divers. Still a point gained, and enough good within it to push the team forward positively.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were good-very good for 70 minutes. Get that going for a full 90 and we'll be a decent team.

We tightened up defensively and looked good on the ball in the second half. I thought we looked the more likely to get the winner.

I wonder if those people who moaned about Stephens and the 'negative' line up will have changed their mind after that performance?

Stephens proves his small group of detractors wrong again. Quietly shielding the back 4 (with the Arsenal chances due to Keystone back 4 errors in the first 30 minutes), whilst invariably making the right passes to forwards/creators.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pleased for the Jurgs. Hope he's happier on the inside than he seemed in the interview, and gets a little addicted to hard work and moments of glory.
A frustrating game, overall, for the incorrect manner in the start, and then not punishing the tired-looking divers. Still a point gained, and enough good within it to push the team forward positively.

I feel good about it. Easy to think now that Brighton were the only team in it, but Ryan’s incredible saves prevented an unassailable lead for Arsenal. Momentum with us. Bad news for Hudd and the rest.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Stephens proves his small group of detractors wrong again. Quietly shielding the back 4 (with the Arsenal chances due to Keystone back 4 errors in the first 30 minutes), whilst invariably making the right passes to forwards/creators.

Yep. He created two very good chances as well today. Solly's one was a golden opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here