Attachments

• Pier sunrise NSC.JPG
    Pier sunrise NSC.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 205

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I did wonder but thought their tails were more forked.... Seen a few down in Brighton in the air hope they spread further as they are great to watch.

Is that your garden and are they common?

My gardens way too small.
Taken in my mates garden in Aylesbury, they're all over Buckinghamshire.
There are a few in my area :)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• West Pier NSC.JPG
    West Pier NSC.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 155

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I like it Jack, I like a lot of your shots. But it's not ****ing level! Sort your shit out man.

Thanks very much Trig. I've had a go at sorting my shit out. I haven't really quite got the hang of sorting out lens correction but you have a valid point. I need to shoot with a bit of spare room so I can perspectively crop if it's not level. I do try to shoot level in the first place, but lens distortion is a different matter. Here you are. You can see how much is missing compared to the crooked one.

Attachments

• Trigs Wpier NSC.JPG
    Trigs Wpier NSC.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 149

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks very much Trig.
You're welcome :)
I've had a go at sorting my shit out. I haven't really quite got the hang of sorting out lens correction but you have a valid point.
Lens correction is a black art, but all you have to do with this pic is make the water level (it's still not). If you're using Lightroom, just run the 'level' across the water and that's it, job done. Yes, you'll still have the sloping supports etc, which can be improved with lens correction (or a fancy architectural lens), but the sea will be level, and that's good enough.

I need to shoot with a bit of spare room so I can perspectively crop if it's not level. I do try to shoot level in the first place, but lens distortion is a different matter.
Oh god I'm rubbish at shooting level (hand-held, people shots, rather that tripod landscapes).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If you're using Lightroom, just run the 'level' across the water and that's it, job done. Yes, you'll still have the sloping supports etc, which can be improved with lens correction (or a fancy architectural lens), but the sea will be level, and that's good enough.

Lightroom's Transform options can sort the verticals these days - manually or automatic.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Terrific. One where the low resolution is actually adding a positive effect, giving it a watercolour feel.

That's exactly why I thumbed it up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here