Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party annual conference Birmingham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have relatives in Germany who always moan how much there health care cost. Are you saying it is free

Er, no. Taxed at source like the U.K.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a total and undignified embarrassment this conference is. I’m ashamed to be associated with the U.K.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
oh. so we just spend more on an inefficient system? doesn't seem very productive.

What is an efficient system of looking after the healthcare of 66 million people? Healthcare is expensive. Human beings don't make it any cheaper with poor health choices on top of that.

Private companies aren't getting involved in the NHS and healthcare because they don't feel there are huge profits to be made. No idea why people believe private provision is a more efficient way of running the health service.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
feed.php

Naughty.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
What is an efficient system of looking after the healthcare of 66 million people? Healthcare is expensive. Human beings don't make it any cheaper with poor health choices on top of that.

Private companies aren't getting involved in the NHS and healthcare because they don't feel there are huge profits to be made. No idea why people believe private provision is a more efficient way of running the health service.

In saying that the NHS is sending more and more patients to private hospitals for minor operations. I'm sure that doesn't come cheap.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the evidence from the continent is that a public/private mix of provision lead to better outcomes. we need to get out of the mindset that private means profit, example BUPA is a not for profit organisation as are others involved in providing healthcare services. we should be most concerned about health outcomes, access, and cost effectiveness. who provides service and if they make a profit doing so should be about 4-5th concern not the 1st and 2nd.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
the evidence from the continent is that a public/private mix of provision lead to better outcomes. we need to get out of the mindset that private means profit, example BUPA is a not for profit organisation as are others involved in providing healthcare services. we should be most concerned about health outcomes, access, and cost effectiveness. who provides service and if they make a profit doing so about 4-5th concern not the 1st and 2nd.

Do we not need to get out of the mindset that the NHS is always inefficient?

You mention the continent, all of which have a higher healthcare spend per person than we do. Our issue is an unwillingness to fund the NHS, with the notion of 'inefficiency' driving an acceptance of underfunding.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
the evidence from the continent is that a public/private mix of provision lead to better outcomes. we need to get out of the mindset that private means profit, example BUPA is a not for profit organisation as are others involved in providing healthcare services. we should be most concerned about health outcomes, access, and cost effectiveness. who provides service and if they make a profit doing so should be about 4-5th concern not the 1st and 2nd.

Forget profit, it's the insurance schemes that worry me. Any insurance has get out clauses which is why my cousin's daughter died of cancer in her 40s in the USA. Her insurance didn't cover all the treatment.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In saying that the NHS is sending more and more patients to private hospitals for minor operations. I'm sure that doesn't come cheap.

Certainly doesn't. We are living longer, we are victims of our own poor health choices. The NHS needs funding, the mantra of it's inefficient is merely an excuse for keeping it below a level it should be financed at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here