Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I clicked on the link and saw this. Which raised a smile.... [emoji23]
f1fc309489eb55cde152490ddebd754c.jpg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Talking out of your arse again, there's a surprise. They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports.
I realise that the money is a drop in the ocean compared to the money that is generated. I would much rather see the club support kids football or even something like the REMF, if the women fancy playing football then let them pay for it, the same way that the vast majority of adults have to pay for themselves when they are playing sport. It's hardly a vast amount as you say, I pay far more than that in course membership each year.
As for people spouting on about equality, who can they complain about? Considering they have no legal connection to CPFC.

Actually, airhead - they are part of Crystal Palace FC. Not only do they use the name 'Crystal Palace' (a trademarked name), they also use the club crest (also trademarked).

Bu more importantly, how do we know they are part of Crystal Palace FC? Because they sodding say they are... http://www.crystalpalaceladiesfc.co.uk/a/about-our-club-37942.html

Best check your facts before you become so dismissive of such an important and progressive part of your club's existence.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It continues: “We believe that, as a forward thinking and proactive club, we are providing some unparalleled opportunities for some very talented young women. Our belief is, that with the support and belief from other, equally as progressive and supportive parties, we can not only achieve our ambitions, but exceed them.”

Seriously? This story doesn't make out that this is the case. If they were really forward-thinking, they'd support the women's team through the developmental pathways - including in matters like this.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Talking out of your arse again, there's a surprise. They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports.
I realise that the money is a drop in the ocean compared to the money that is generated. I would much rather see the club support kids football or even something like the REMF, if the women fancy playing football then let them pay for it, the same way that the vast majority of adults have to pay for themselves when they are playing sport. It's hardly a vast amount as you say, I pay far more than that in course membership each year.
As for people spouting on about equality, who can they complain about? Considering they have no legal connection to CPFC.
So I am confused if they are independent what right does your club have to tell another club how to run their finances?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Can’t help but notice they play away at Lewis Ladies mid-September, an ideal place to hand over some cash, I’d say. What a lovely photo op that would make.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Actually, airhead - they are part of Crystal Palace FC. Not only do they use the name 'Crystal Palace' (a trademarked name), they also use the club crest (also trademarked).

Bu more importantly, how do we know they are part of Crystal Palace FC? Because they sodding say they are... http://www.crystalpalaceladiesfc.co.uk/a/about-our-club-37942.html

Best check your facts before you become so dismissive of such an important and progressive part of your club's existence.

They are affiliated with, they have their own chairman etc and are separate in those respects. I am dismissive in as much as it's a total non story. The people who run the team have said that no women will not be able to play due to lack of sponsorship, most of them have sponsors anyway.
I look forward to the discrimination claim as I am obviously wrong and you being the genius that you obviously are must be completely right.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
They are affiliated with, they have their own chairman etc and are separate in those respects. I am dismissive in as much as it's a total non story. The people who run the team have said that no women will not be able to play due to lack of sponsorship, most of them have sponsors anyway.
I look forward to the discrimination claim as I am obviously wrong and you being the genius that you obviously are must be completely right.

Give it up you ****.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Crystal Palace 2010s finances must be in a far worse state than has been rumoured, only one cash signing in August, only one cash signing in January, and only one cash signing last August. Then, going to the extent of having their Womens reserve team on a pay to play basis.
No sign of the 100 milion 'ringfenced' for the mythical Amex tribute stand, financial reports late,and, even poor old Roy telling them they haven't got a pot to piss in.

Happy Days!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

They are part of it. They refer to Crystal Palace FC as 'the parent club', meaning it's something they are part of, not merely affiliated with.

You may wish to dismiss it as a non-story (your problem), but with the rise of the women's game in England, and the vital role established football clubs have to play in the development of women within the game, it shows up Crystal Palace as a poor, regressive Scrooge, not fussed about progress or fair opportunity - despite their spurious claims.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, Crystal Palace have a woman's team - but they won't pay their fees to play in their league ?

Not taking it that seriously are they ?

:ffsparr:

Admin 3 for sure when they eventually *tumble* out of the premier league.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015

You seem very prickly over this and I'm not sure why? Perhaps it's because you are conscious of the ever widening gulf that is opening up between your club and ours. Three of your 4 teams play in a lower league than us! Taking infrastructure into consideration also - it's getting very difficult to maintain a competitive rivalry - as you probably realise - and - understandably, it hurts!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
They are part of it. They refer to Crystal Palace FC as 'the parent club', meaning it's something they are part of, not merely affiliated with.

You may wish to dismiss it as a non-story (your problem), but with the rise of the women's game in England, and the vital role established football clubs have to play in the development of women within the game, it shows up Crystal Palace as a poor, regressive Scrooge, not fussed about progress or fair opportunity - despite their spurious claims.

Football is a spectator sport. The vast majority of supporters could not care less about the women's game, I think all premier league clubs should support grass roots sports more. But it's all about money, whether you like it or not oh wise one. This is a non story, most clubs in that league have to raise their own sponsorship, come back to me and tell me I'm wrong.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
You seem very prickly over this and I'm not sure why? Perhaps it's because you are conscious of the ever widening gulf that is opening up between your club and ours. Three of your 4 teams play in a lower league than us! Taking infrastructure into consideration also - it's getting very difficult to maintain a competitive rivalry - as you probably realise - and - understandably, it hurts!

It's a non story, whether you lot wish to believe it or not. As for all the other bollocks, we will see.
As for the other teams jibe, I suppose you mean youth and development sides. When you produce players like Wan Bissaka then please feel free to talk, until then it's all pie in the sky.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Welcome back from your holiday. Have you managed to find a buyer for the 2nd hand black hoody/scarves and strange flags?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't see any connection between the ladies team and crystal palace FC.

00.jpg

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Football is a spectator sport. The vast majority of supporters could not care less about the women's game, I think all premier league clubs should support grass roots sports more. But it's all about money, whether you like it or not oh wise one. This is a non story, most clubs in that league have to raise their own sponsorship, come back to me and tell me I'm wrong.

Most clubs do raise their own sponsorship. But they don't insist that their own players should be responsible for doing it - at least not at this level of professionalism. They employ professional marketing and sponsorship people to do it for them.

Just because 'the vast majority couldn't care less about the women's game' doesn't follow it shouldn't exist, nor should professional clubs not support it. You seem to think the women's football and grassroots football are different things, which of course is twaddle - so yes, I am more than happy to tell you you are wrong. Again.

Meanwhile, football is indeed a spectator sport. So within many progressive clubs who do have the vision to properly support women's football, they are often the second-most watched team within that club. That's certainly the case here.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Those keen to sponsor a player - here’s your chance

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/amy-sinden-1

Recognition of the sponsorship within every CPLFC home game match programme

- Publicity within Crystal Palace Men’s Premier League match day programme when sponsored player has their profile published

- Complimentary access for the sponsor and a guest at a Crystal Palace Ladies sponsors event during the season. An opportunity for sponsors to meet and discuss/promote their businesses

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

No Crystal Palace team plays in a higher division than Brighton - it's not possible this season, seeing as EVERY SINGLE BRIGHTON TEAM - is in the top division of its own particular pursuit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here