Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomorrow night, would you take a point now?

Would you take a point now if offered it?

• Yes, we are shit so this is our best chance of staying up

Votes: 116 39.2%
  • No, Cardiff are as shit as us and a win pretty much guarantees safety

Votes: 180 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m really surprised people think 95% chance staying up if we draw. A draw is another poor result for us, cementing a really woeful run of form - our best chance of a win left this season would’ve gone up in smoke.

Cardiff will absolutely believe they can get wins against on the beach Fulham and Palace. We’d be BANG in trouble if we draw. I’d give us a 60% chance of staying up at best.

Why do you look at Cardiff and feel they have the 'belief' to get results against Fulham and Palace? Our results over the last 10 games are almost identical, even our goals for and against are within 1 or 2 goals. Their away record is worse than ours. Why is their belief different to ours, is it because theirs is more of a lost cause perhaps?

I put it to you that Fulham have had a really tough run of games, their last 6 fixtures have all been from the top 10. Now that their fate is secured, they can play with a bit of freedom and pride, the Everton win will have been a massive boost to ending the season on a high. They will feel next season is starting now, and they will be looking at Cardiff followed by Newcastle as mini cup finals to end their season with a bit of a run at home. No on the beach gimme that one for me.

As for Palace, a real chance of matching last seasons 11th place finish. That is what they will be aiming for, I don't think they'll give 2 hoots what it does for us. Take you back to last season, they were safe but still won 4 of their last 5, scoring 11 goals. They turned a poor season into 11th and they'll be motivated to do the same again.

Hope that makes you feel somewhat better than 60% in the event of a draw tonight. :thumbsup: :albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps they might but Cardiff then will be going into the Fulham match with 1 win in 9 having lost 7 of them. Fulham didn't look on the beach v Everton and Scott Parker is fighting for his job.
We're also assuming that Albion lose 5 matches in a row. As we'd have to , to give Cardiff a sniff.

What was Bournemouth's record prior to our game?

We look more mentally gone than any other side in the division right now, that will continue to be true if we can't beat Cardiff at home.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Pretty sure a draw will keep us up.

But they have Joe Bennett in their strongest team and a striker with 0 goals this season.

Win. Win. Win.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
After a win maybe but a draw ? They'd still be 5 short of safety. They'd have then lost 6 and drawn 1 of their last 8 games ? And their next match is v Liverpool.

They just took a point away from home. They are woeful away from home. They have Palace (who IMO will just happen to lose if it can **** us) and Fulham who are crap. No reason to think they can't scum 6 points from those two.

They would have beaten Chelsea but for incompetent officials whereas our display against Chelsea was woeful. Cardiff are in better form than us. We need to do something different tonight to recent games otherwise writing on the wall

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps they might but Cardiff then will be going into the Fulham match with 1 win in 9 having lost 7 of them. Fulham didn't look on the beach v Everton and Scott Parker is fighting for his job.
We're also assuming that Albion lose 5 matches in a row. As we'd have to , to give Cardiff a sniff.

We are perfectly capable of losing all 5 of those games, and as [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] points out, Bournemouth's away record was a shambles before they rocked up and took us apart.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So do we play for a draw and risk them nicking it or go all guns blazing and leave ourselves open for the counter?

It's a game of risk and reward.

If I was the manager, I'd wind them up before the start and get them to go all guns blazing from the first whistle, but then I am truly awful at Football Manager, so in Hughton I trust :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So do we play for a draw and risk them nicking it or go all guns blazing and leave ourselves open for the counter?

If I was the manager, I'd wind them up before the start and get them to go all guns blazing from the first whistle, but then I am truly awful at Football Manager, so in Hughton I trust :)

As Warren Aspinal said after Saturday’s game, we need to go back to basics. Stay solid and build from the back and don’t commit too many men forward. Having moaned about us playing like this for so long I cannot believe that I actually want us to play like that tonight.

If we do go behind, we need to remain composed and then we’ll have to throw caution to the wind in the last 10 minutes though.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As Warren Aspinal said after Saturday’s game, we need to go back to basics. Stay solid and build from the back and don’t commit too many men forward. Having moaned about us playing like this for so long I cannot believe that I actually want us to play like that tonight.

If we do go behind, we need to remain composed and then we’ll have to throw caution to the wind in the last 10 minutes though.

This is the common sense approach, see I said I was rubbish at this Football Management lark :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Whatever he did before the game against Sheffield Wednesday, do that. We were a bit better than Wednesday that season, and we're a bit better than Cardiff this season, so I can't see why we can't take the game to them with the same attitude, while also trying to keep our defensive structure. But then like you, and everyone else here, I'm not a professional football manager.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very muchhappy with a draw and stay 5 points ahead. For simple reason for sometime we havent created chances let alone looking like scoring. Only goals at Palace one from a long punt upfield and then a mistake and 2nd, a once in a season goal from Knockhaert. Despite there results Cardiff are playing better then us including against Chelsea and how they pressed Burnley last week.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
1 point isn't enough , if we win then things are settled if we draw we still need points in case they get something against Palace and Fulham

technically we need a "point" from 5 games not "points" if we draw tonight , they win against both Palace AND Fulham, and we lose the other four games.
Assuming they don't make up the +16 goal difference.

Last edited:

We’d also have to get a point at Wolves (unlikely) or against Geordies (possible)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here