Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Constantly gives the ball away. is a dirty player. Holds on to the ball way too long and his crosses are shit.

I don't understand why everyone worships him.

Because he was the best player in only the second Brighton & Hove Albion team to be promoted to the top flight. Because he scored the winner against the scum and has delivered many moments of magic since he’s been with us. Because for all his talent, everyone knows that he has some personal flaws, but accept them as part of the package. Because on hard stats, he is comfortably our best winger in terms of assists and goals per game.

Having said all that, he let everyone down badly today.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
We’ve been lucky that there are three worse sides, but I’d also argue Huddersfield could have been us this season except that we had an excellent first half of the season and were 75% of the way there by Christmas.
In order to stay up, you only have to be marginally better than the bottom three. Just as Saints proved last season. Good enough is good enough to meet objectives.

Whether the fans appreciate being barely good enough to stay up is a different matter.

But thanks to CH, we’re barely good enough for the Premier League rather than barely good enough for the Championship, as when he oil over.

That is why I not really like using the word luck - getting more points than another team is not down to luck - the luck is how the bottom 3 recruit etc.

I think the issue was the heightened expectations after the run of wins, plus I dont think Wolves doing so well helps - however they are super cheats.

The goal at the start of the season was to stay up, 4th from bottom is doing that.

Whilst I do agree CH may be out of time, it should wait till the summer and be judged on who is out there.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
One doesn't like to pile on Knockaert, whose personal issues are well documented. However, his sending off today and against Everton last season do suggest something very worrying in his mindset. Perhaps this goes some way to explaining why he didn't kick on when promoted with Leicester.

I don't think he creates enough to mitigate the risk associated with his playing. If a reasonable offer were to come in, I'd like to think the club would take it; particularly if he is among the higher earners. I feel dirty for saying it but there you are...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Need to see tackle again from where I was sitting it looked like a yellow not a red but the reaction of the muff players said differently, until then I thought AK was not the worst Brighton player on the pitch at least he was trying to take the game to them, he is and always has been a bit petulant but as others have said he always has had its part of the package, I think it's a bit unfair to single AK out today we were well beaten before the sending off the whole team were awful really awful and only three days to pick themselves up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His enthusiasm was his downfall today. He let everybody down but I am still a fan :shrug:

Having said that the others also let the club down today by a performance that showed no fight at all

Let’s not blame AK for the defeat, the final score yes but we were never going to turn 0-2 around

He gave his all not sure many others did. Bissouma showed more spirit and ability than pretty well all the senior players too.

Disgusting and embarrassing performance all round

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
No chance of beating Brighton, CH will shut up shop even more and hit with pace on the break.

The draw doesn't help Cardiff at all - they will leave space

Hit with pace on the break? I admire your optimism but where will that pace come from? I don’t think we have any and therein lies the problem. Clubs like us who play defensively in most matches need pace to play on the break and we’ve rarely done that. That’s one reason why Bournemouth and Southampton were better than us - faster on the break, more direct and clinical.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Pointing your finger in the wrong direction, this game was already lost.

I disagree. After the performance today I think numerous fingers can be pointed in numerous directions and Knocky is most definitely one of them. Let himself down, let the team down and he let us down. The game may or may not have been lost by the time he was sent off, but I’d rather have lost by 2 than a shameful 5. I’ve not often felt embarrassed at supporting this club but today was one of them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought it was a yellow card, their player rolled from the penalty area to the sideline and then got up without an bruise.
I was about 20ft away from it. He went in both feet off the ground, studs up, late and caught the guy. Clearest red I've seen for years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Created the winner against Hudds, scored the winner against Palace.

In a genuinely terrible second half of the season of the club he’s been one of the few positives and why we remain favourites to stay up.

Fair enough I get why people hated the sending off today it’s an appalling tackle but we still need him next season

Yes I agree.

Sheer stupidity, but his workrate today was really good.

Compare that to AJ who so far has offered nothing, I know who I would keep.

However, all of that said I think Chris has had enough and will offload him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was about 20ft away from it. He went in both feet off the ground, studs up, late and caught the guy. Clearest red I've seen for years.

I should add, the guy made the most of it, but that's not the point. Still a blatant red.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Knocky thinks us the fans can’t see the difference between real workmanship and endeavour and a petulant recklessness then he has a rude awakening when he gets back. If he ever gets back.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Plays well once in three games
Strongly rumoured to be second-highest paid player.
Another disgraceful sending off, (following Everton last year) having been responsible for the second goal.

I don't care that he was good at Wembley and scored at Palace.
We can do better.

Out the door in the summer.

You're welcome to disagree of course.

Most will be gone in the summer at our present rate. Let's hope some u23s can step up

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Plays well once in three games
Strongly rumoured to be second-highest paid player.
Another disgraceful sending off, (following Everton last year) having been responsible for the second goal.

I don't care that he was good at Wembley and scored at Palace.
We can do better.

Out the door in the summer.

You're welcome to disagree of course.

The second line is why I would get rid. IF we stay up, we need to free up some wages to bring in better players on higher wages. Rumoured Knocky, stephens on “parity with top earner” deals - and that’s why I would get rid as they are not top performers at this level. Presuming Locadia and AJ also on good wages I would bin them as well. Then up the max wage and bring in a couple of truly prem class players

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
I disagree. After the performance today I think numerous fingers can be pointed in numerous directions and Knocky is most definitely one of them. Let himself down, let the team down and he let us down. The game may or may not have been lost by the time he was sent off, but I’d rather have lost by 2 than a shameful 5. I’ve not often felt embarrassed at supporting this club but today was one of them.

Keep in mind Knocky was at fault for the second goal giving the ball away.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The second line is why I would get rid. IF we stay up, we need to free up some wages to bring in better players on higher wages. Rumoured Knocky, stephens on “parity with top earner” deals - and that’s why I would get rid as they are not top performers at this level. Presuming Locadia and AJ also on good wages I would bin them as well. Then up the max wage and bring in a couple of truly prem class players
You think AJ and Locadia would receive offers attractive enough for us to unload.......nah. We are stuck with them until their contracts expire. God help us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here