Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is the WORST football pundit out there currently?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok - not a pundit but a commentator... Alan Green is such a miserable little hunchback that he could bring Kylie round to my house and tell me I’d won the lottery and I’d still want to cut my wrists.

Commentators - Clyde Tyldesley and screaming Jonathan Pearce are shite (and yes, I am aware that Pearce is much loved in these parts).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont really get the anti-pundit thing, aside a few that steal a living, most seem decent enough analysis if not insightfull enough for some or a bit repetitious. i think this might be because many here as regular watchers of football dont need the level of insight they give. and are you the target audience, or is it the armchair viewer, the irregular football watcher, getting their fill only on TV?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Alex Scott and any other woman. They've not played the game to a decent standard therefore their opinions have no validity. What an earth must Carragher and Souness think when they have to share a studio with Alex Scott.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's interesting to me is the sheer number of names involved. It's a marked contrast to rugby where the pundits generally offer some very insightful views and it's not because they're public school educated toffs either.

If you take every single ounce of twattery from Garth Crooks, Chris Sutton, Paul ‘Merse’ Merson, Danny Murphy, Alan Brazil, Richard Keys, Alan Shearer and Robbie Savage, add it all together into one massive tw4t, and make it wear an “I am a tw4t” hat, and it still wouldn’t be half as much as an annoying smug tw4t as Matt Dawson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This gent?

Attachments

• A718916E-3D2A-4619-B73F-9418333C0A62.jpeg
    A718916E-3D2A-4619-B73F-9418333C0A62.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 166

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Clinton Morrison for me - the bloke is an utter plank!

Good shout he can barely string a sentence together

Will chuck in Peter Beagrie and Danny Higginbotham who I can only assume sky are only paying about £15 an appearance as I cannot fathom another reason for why I have to listen to their drivel on SSN

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you take every single ounce of twattery from Garth Crooks, Chris Sutton, Paul ‘Merse’ Merson, Danny Murphy, Alan Brazil, Richard Keys, Alan Shearer and Robbie Savage, add it all together into one massive tw4t, and make it wear an “I am a tw4t” hat, and it still wouldn’t be half as much as an annoying smug tw4t as Matt Dawson.

Good point, well made ... and he wouldn't be half as annoying as Austin Healey

But Matt Dawson isn't really a pundit though ... he's more of a presenter and a 'personality'

I'm not denying that rugby and cricket do have tedious pundits - there's Ian Botham, for example, but behind the smugness there's often an acute brain.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have to confess I don't listen to TalkShiite so I can't comment on their pundits, who I gather are Alan 'coronary' Brazil, Jackson Cunnty, and Steve (brother of Phil) 'Jags', Jagielka, former captain of Shrewsbury town, the only gay in the meadow.

So limiting myself to mainstream telly and radio, my verdict is.....they are all OK. It's all about opinions. Isn't it.

Mind you, that Chris Sutton is getting a bit too cocky for my liking. I think it's time he was reminded on the radio about his embarrassing exit from Norwich, the 'do you know who I am' in the taxi, and then the cry baby tears when he was arrested. I can't find a link but I remember it well, and thought he was a gold plated twunt ever after.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have to confess I don't listen to TalkShiite so I can't comment on their pundits, who I gather are Alan 'coronary' Brazil, Jackson Cunnty, and Steve (brother of Phil) 'Jags', Jagielka, former captain of Shrewsbury town, the only gay in the meadow.

So limiting myself to mainstream telly and radio, my verdict is.....they are all OK. It's all about opinions. Isn't it.

Mind you, that Chris Sutton is getting a bit too cocky for my liking. I think it's time he was reminded on the radio about his embarrassing exit from Norwich, the 'do you know who I am' in the taxi, and then the cry baby tears when he was arrested. I can't find a link but I remember it well, and thought he was a gold plated twunt ever after.

Or Sutton refusing to play for an England level below the senior team. At a time when England had half a dozen forwards far, far better than him. Childish. The sort of thing he’d now condemn.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Was always Alan shearer, by a country mile, but he has upped his game of late.

Anything Michael Owen says will usually grate.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What's interesting to me is the sheer number of names involved. It's a marked contrast to rugby and cricket where the pundits generally offer some very insightful views and it's not because they're public school educated toffs either.

I know that there's a lot more football on TV and therefore a lot more pundits, but the paucity of informed comment is a rather damning indictment about TV's choice of 'experts'

Agree with this. If I was to list my top 50 sports summarisers, probably there wouldn't be a single footballer. (there would be at least 20 cricket ones). Yet if I was to list my bottom 10, i'm sure they would all be footballers. Though I disagree that public school has nothing to do with it. They seem to teach people to be good communicators at those places

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here