Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] If you could be front row at any gig in history, which would it be?

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Can think of a few - like Pink Floyd doing a world premier of Atom Heart Mother in a field at dawn with a full orchestra and choir; Pink Floyd playing unplugged because the lorry with their gear had broken down; a young Jethro Tull as a supporting act (to The Searchers) and blowing the main band away); Jefferson Airplane waiting for a thunderstorm to end, but Jorma and Jack (their guitarist and bassist) doing a gig as Hot Tuna standing on rubber mats in the rain and lightning anyway; The Who in their final warm up gig before recording Live at Leeds; Leonard Cohen in his pomp; Fairport Convention with Sandy Denny and Ian Matthews.......then I think, yeh, done all that, I was there!

Would have liked to have seen The Beatles, the Pretty Things and The Small Faces though. Oh, and the original Velvet Underground.

I saw Hot Tuna this summer as part of a tour. Absolutely amazing. Last time I had seen them was 1992 in the local boozer at Uni in Colorado. Jack and Jorma can still do it, even today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I saw Hot Tuna this summer as part of a tour. Absolutely amazing. Last time I had seen them was 1992 in the local boozer at Uni in Colorado. Jack and Jorma can still do it, even today.

Good stuff - I didn't even know they were still alive!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Pink Floyd, PULSE tour 1994. I was sadly only 9 and a little young to be into them.

Tried everything to be there for their Live 8 performance, but couldn't do it. I'll stick to speaking to Gilmour when he pops into work on occasions instead.

Am I right that you work in a certain National Supermarket chain in Pulborough?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Cream Farewell Concert.

The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East on March 12 or 13, 1971, when "The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East" was recorded.

The Benny Goodman Concert at Carnegie Hall on Jan 16, 1938, where his orchestra was augmented by lots of other musicians like Count Basie, Lionel Hampton, Gene Krupa, Cootie Williams, Harry James and others. The greatest Jazz Concert ever.

Any Weather Report gig.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Am I right that you work in a certain National Supermarket chain in Pulborough?

I may be able to confirm my attendance at said National Supermarket Chain in Pulborough, yes.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
I've been at the front for a Pet Shop Boys concert (too big to be seen as a 'gig'), but I'd have liked to have seen their shows in 89, 91, 94 or the Savoy residency in 97 had I been of age.

Looking at Setlist FM, Depeche Mode at the Dome on 13/9/83 has more than enough of what I'd want to see them play, but any tour between 83 and 90 I'd have been up for, that's peak DM for me.

More of a scene than a particular night, but I'd have liked to have been around for the original shoegaze/jangle pop movement at the end of the 80s.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Pink Floyd UFO period
Stone Roses - Warehouse
Pistols 75/76
Jam 76
Beatles on the roof (front row being on the roof too)
The Cure - Hope and Anchor
Guns n Roses - LA 85/86

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sunrise - Back To The Future rave in 1989. It was just a few years too early for my raving days.

Good shout that man.

Some of the early Warehouse parties and Acid House parties can go on my list.

Can we go back to gigs that we went to?

I would love to relive those first Big Beat boutique nights.

... and black rock and Shoreham parties.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Good shout that man.

Some of the early Warehouse parties and Acid House parties can go on my list.

Can we go back to gigs that we went to?

I would love to relive those first Big Beat boutique nights.

... and black rock and Shoreham parties.

It was a Shoreham power station party that started me off. My older sisters took me to one when I was 14 and that was it, out on it every weekend for 20 years until my first born came 6 years ago!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If only I could have been at Knebworth when Genesis played in 1978

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The Who at Charlton 1974 - not only the The Who but also Humble Pie and the sublime (if criminally overlooked) Montrose
Bob Seger at Detroit 1975 - when they recorded the live album
The Allman Brothers in 1971 when they recorded "Live at the Fillmore"
Currently - Bruce Springsteen at the Walter Kerr Theatre !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here