Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So let me get the gist of your post - you were surprised leave won but thought leave would win ? :facepalm:

You'll never get the gist of anything Westdene. Up until the pound soared, Farage conceded etc on the night of the 23rd, I thought leave would win. I assumed remain therefore had unexpectedly prevailed, but woke up to a leave victory as I originally thought, albeit with a smaller winning margin. Does that make sense or shall I draw you a picture with crayons to make it simpler for you?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Predictable that the US side with Ireland and the EU on boarder.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-congress-brexit-pressure-gbr-intl/index.html

Our standing in the world is getting less and less each day

Hold on Pinnochio ... when you said 'US sides with Ireland and the EU' you meant a few Irish American congressmen have exactly the same view as the UK government no return to a hard border in NI.

Meanwhile, Trumpy is hostile to the EU and thinks the deal is cack.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Another Grayling disaster with Seaborne Freight, so how are we going to cope without them ???

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a sham and Seaborne were just useful idiots to go along with it. Must be extra special ones anyway to agree to anything Chris Grayling cooks up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hold on Pinnochio ... when you said 'US sides with Ireland and the EU' you meant a few Irish American congressmen have exactly the same view as the UK government no return to a hard border in NI.

Well with 'Trumpy' being so hostile to the EU and so positive towards us, it should be the easiest deal in history ......................... again :facepalm:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The same trump that said it would
Be hard to do deals with the U.K. with Mays deal?

Looks like Obama was correct. Back of the queue

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You'll never get the gist of anything Westdene. Up until the pound soared, Farage conceded etc on the night of the 23rd, I thought leave would win. I assumed remain therefore had unexpectedly prevailed, but woke up to a leave victory as I originally thought, albeit with a smaller winning margin. Does that make sense or shall I draw you a picture with crayons to make it simpler for you?

Good attempt MoS but still not sharp enough to get out of your contridicting posts. You've clearly been taking lessons from Watford 'I was a government supplier you know' Zero. How many times have his 'options' changed ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good attempt MoS but still not sharp enough to get out of your contridicting posts. You've clearly been taking lessons from Watford 'I was a government supplier you know' Zero. How many times have his 'options' changed ?

1. Softest of Soft Brexits
2. GE or Referendum
3. No deal (won't happen)

Maybe you could show me somewhere I have said different in the last 2.5 years ?

*edit*
That government supplier thing really rankles doesn't it, and I'm not sure why. There are hundreds of thousands who have done it :shrug:

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You've got to hand it to [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] he gets remainers to make completely contradictory statements and go trawling through all his posts since the beginning of time. :D

He is politically at the other end of the spectrum to you of course. Also picks his arguments pretty carefully, plenty of decent posts back to him go completely ignored when he has no quick fire google links to copy and past.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
2. GE or Referendum

*edit*
That government supplier thing really rankles doesn't it, and I'm not sure why. There are hundreds of thousands who have done it :shrug:

You know perfectly well that your 'options' have very slightly changed over time - I'm sure as not sad enough to plough over previous posts to prove something like you do ( guess being retired helps ! ).

It doesn't rankle me at all - I've probably supplied millions of pounds of more services and kit to government than you have.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You know perfectly well that your 'options' have very slightly changed over time - I'm sure as not sad enough to plough over previous posts to prove something like you do ( guess being retired helps ! ).

It doesn't rankle me at all - I've probably supplied millions of pounds of more services and kit to government than you have.

You could have saved yourself typing by just saying

'I can't and it doesn't' :)

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You could have saved yourself typing by just saying

'I can't and it doesn't' :)

Indeed I could have done. But then you could have saved yourself a lot of typing by typing 'I'm a tedious bore that thinks I know everyhing' as your response to the hundreds of posts you've responded to :p

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Not at all. I've explained myself. You're not smart enough to understand or realise that having thought leave would win all along, I went to bed that night thinking beyond my wildest expectations that I was wrong. I woke up the following morning and discovered the truth I'd known all along was tragically real. Quite a horrible morning that - to switch on Sky News and discover that. If you were smart enough to understand that, you'd gloat. But you haven't, because you're not. Enjoy the game.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
2. GE or Referendum

*edit*

Your memory really is terrible. Post #67274 :p

larus

You are right to mention the economic cycles issue. But the UK's has never totally synchronised with the EU's which does tend to make snapshots at any given time a little unreliable or at least not definitive. Of course the thing that really counts is the outlook...……………...As I tend to view Brexit as a lose-lose (us and them) then the future looks ________ (fill in the missing word).

My stats are for TWENTY YEARS. I think that is pretty much beyond a cycle but might not agree with what so many want to see. But Hey-Ho, we can't countenance for stupidity eh :)

larus

You posted facts to counter the "cheap jibe" of:

"we'll soon see how it affects our bottom line as our GDP falls further and further behind France and Germany."

you even highlight part of it.

Yet your facts show precisely that our GDP is falling behind France and Germany.

Hey Einstein. How can we be FURTHER behind FRANCE and GERMANY, when for the last 20 years our total GDP growth is about 1/3 HIGHER?

I assume that maths is not your strong point!!!

Anyone can cherry pick, but I chose 20 years purely at random. It will take them a long time to catch up on that, and that doesn't take into account that GERMANY is in a TECHNICAL RECESSION now.

larus

Do we need to. All your points on our growth are with us being in the EU. The only reason it's dipped (according to you) is because we've said we're leaving.

Even post brexit our economy is still going to be linked to that of the EU - they're still our biggest market. In business, you don't actually want your best customer doing badly.

So yes, your point is well taken, the UK has done better out of the EU than France or Germany. Again, you seem to be making an argument for remain?

No, I pointed out that the UK has been in turmoil for 2 years due to Remainers trying to scupper Brexit.

The facts are that the UK is a good place to do business, and these advantages exceed the common market/EU.

And, as I pointed out, even with monetary policy much more accommodating within the Eurozone, France has only sneaked above us in 2017 (by 0.03%) and Germany is a little better but is now in recession.

If everything the EU did was so great, then why don't we join the Euro? I'll tell you why, because they have no idea how to run a currency union, so theirs will eventually collapse, and once that happens, so will the EU.

Please enlighten if you think we should join the EURO. After all, the EU project is EVER CLOSER UNION. The current state is not their destination, so do you want:
1. An EU army?
2. EU standard tax powers?
3. To join the EURO?
4. Fiscal transfer from the UK to other poorer countries?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here