Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More then Ninety Minute's BHA 95-97

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Honestly never realised they were all numbered !

I’ve got 1131..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I know they were reprinted. I bought my copy in the club shop in Queen Street, which is unnumbered.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Seeing this post ignited my desire to revisit the Donny and Hereford games online. I have only ever seen myself in one pic (the one in the book), but I found another courtesy of google!

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 13.17.10.png

Pretty sure this is me, double denim and curtains hair n'all:

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 15.24.07.png

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Seeing this post ignited my desire to revisit the Donny and Hereford games online. I have only ever seen myself in one pic (the one in the book), but I found another courtesy of google!

View attachment 104063
Is the bloke climbing up the crossbar on NSC...?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Nice look at the book by Stewart Weir and Paul Hayward, might recognise a few faces!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTaLn-VJ9U

Anyone know if any of these pics are at the Amex, there's some iconic stuff here?

Hi.. thanks.. The answer is no and that's because the club wants to keep their distance from the Goldstone. Ive asked on numerous occasions plus asked if they are interested in exhibiting some images (as part of the Brighton Photo Biennial) but they were not. Perhaps when we arrive at the 25th anniversary they may change their mind..

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Who is doing the commentary, its odd to have someone reviewing the photos who doesn't know our history, a different perspective.

What is more interesting is that he picks up on the photo of us that we are smiling. Stewart said that he picked that photo as most of the scenes are not happy, so it obviously worked if the person commentating picked up on it. Taking the pictures is just a part but the editing of them must be epic.

Ive around 6,000 negatives plus a few more thousand from Gillingham to Withdean so yes the editing was/is epic haha

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Someone from the north-east by the sound of it (and I don't mean East Grinstead)

He's a photographer and didn't read the book! Wasn't overly impressed with that plus he made a few errors. Had he have contacted me about the project he would have been a little wiser.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
That's how I know they were reprinted. I bought my copy in the club shop in Queen Street, which is unnumbered.

Ah ha.. I gave the club 1,000 copies and guess that copy didn't get numbered. Only 3,500 were actually printed with about 100 given to players, press etc. Those 1,000 copies was the % that the club benefitted from. Im going to do something similar next MTNM I do but this time donate to REMF as I figure the club has enough money now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah ha.. I gave the club 1,000 copies and guess that copy didn't get numbered. Only 3,500 were actually printed with about 100 given to players, press etc. Those 1,000 copies was the % that the club benefitted from. Im going to do something similar next MTNM I do but this time donate to REMF as I figure the club has enough money now.

Ah ok. So I have got an original. Thanks.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Hi Stewart. So are you saying:
– There's only ever been one print run, never any reprint.
– That first print run actually totalled 3500, not 5625.
– Only 2500 of those 3500 were numbered, the remaining 1000 were given to the club unnumbered.

thanks

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Thats a shame some iconic photos indicative of the time, hopefully they'll change their mind as it also show's the true grit of the supporters!

I liked the review, he clearly likes your work and was very complimentary, i'd take that!

Also i don't know why but the photo of Bellotti's house with snowballs on it always brings a grin!

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Hi Stewart. So are you saying:
– There's only ever been one print run, never any reprint.
– That first print run actually totalled 3500, not 5625.
– Only 2500 of those 3500 were numbered, the remaining 1000 were given to the club unnumbered.

thanks

There were 3,500 of which 100 were given away and 1000 given to club. The printers did print more but there were a few hundred damaged books that were not saleable and destroyed. The printers also didnt save the printing plates which was annoying. The intention was to run another set up to 5625 but because the plates wernt kept it never happened and I moved onto other work mainly football related. Anyway Im revisiting the project over the next year and looking at a way of doing something the same but different if you know what I mean

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Thats a shame some iconic photos indicative of the time, hopefully they'll change their mind as it also show's the true grit of the supporters!

I liked the review, he clearly likes your work and was very complimentary, i'd take that!

Also i don't know why but the photo of Bellotti's house with snowballs on it always brings a grin!

I remember that day well.. think there was a mini game of football in the garden with a very young boy and his dad?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I've begun work on the production of a 25th anniversary More Than Ninety Minutes book for 2022 and going back through the archive. If anyone is interested in following the project's progress please follow me either on http://instagram.com/stewartweir or http://twitter.com/stewartweir

It's going to be a Crowdfunded project that will go live later next year.

I'm going to be feeding through images not used in the last book onto social media. As they say.. watch this space!

This image is of Dick Knight working at his London home on the takeover, early 1997.

16944205-41B3-4CBF-9911-D6410A896B96.jpeg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Somehow this completely passed me by the first time round (or I was pissed and forgot, most likely). How do I get a copy please?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Somehow this completely passed me by the first time round (or I was pissed and forgot, most likely). How do I get a copy please?

Haha

All of the original More Than Ninety Minutes sold back in 1997 hence idea of an updated version but with a mix of new unpublished images and including the key older images. You can sometimes find the original book on eBay and Amazon though. Follow me on Instagram or Twitter or keep an eye on this thread. When it comes to the Crowdfunding I will hopefully be able to post here though.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Haha

All of the original More Than Ninety Minutes sold back in 1997 hence idea of an updated version but with a mix of new unpublished images and including the key older images. You can sometimes find the original book on eBay and Amazon though. Follow me on Instagram or Twitter or keep an eye on this thread. When it comes to the Crowdfunding I will hopefully be able to post here though.
Sound. Cheers Stewart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here