Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Both Palace and the Albion made similar modest profits last accounts submitted, £11.2m & £12.9m if the figures are to be believed. All this willy waving is a moot point, both Zaha and Dunk will go where their bank balances profit most, I suspect that will be at different teams for both of them next season.

No you didn't.

£36m loss last year and a £40m unpaid transfer fees bill due this year...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No you didn't.

£40m borrowed against future PL income on a rolling basis. Which was a new thing in the 2018 accounts. £6m borrowed against future ticket sales. Where's the ringfenced £100m?

It's no wonder Prince Charming is trying to get out......

Without a new investor (the yanks aren't going to put any more cash in) it looks seriously grim.

But it's ok. Palace goons can still bang about losses in the Championship to make themselves feel better.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
£40m borrowed against future PL income on a rolling basis. Which was a new thing in the 2018 accounts. £6m borrowed against future ticket sales. Where's the ringfenced £100m?

Without a new investor (the yanks aren't going to put any more cash in) it looks seriously grim.

But it's ok. Palace goons can still bang about losses in the Championship to make themselves feel better.

inside the fence

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
inside the fence

old-fence-picture_csp9516111.jpg

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Isn’t he shagging some ageing newsreader? Maybe distracted

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Wilf wants to go, why the **** did he sign a new contract not so long ago? Sure he'd have had an increase in wage for the last season, but he didn't exactly need that, and it clearly makes it harder for him to get out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If Wilf wants to go, why the **** did he sign a new contract not so long ago? Sure he'd have had an increase in wage for the last season, but he didn't exactly need that, and it clearly makes it harder for him to get out.
That's a rhetorical question isn't it.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Albion have been doing exactly that with Dunk whilst posting £39m and £26m losses

I think you need to read up on the sustainability of debt fuelled businesses, before casting aspersions. Ours is safely within the tipping point threshold, courtesy of a rich benefactor, yours is courtesy of the pawn shop. Again.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Personally I don't think Zaha is going anywhere as no one is going to pay the inflated price tag. He might be good but for the amounts mentioned surely the buying club wants the complete product and not a rough diamond.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Suspect temperament and inconsistent. Way too much money being suggested for him. 20 million tops

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
No you didn't.

Erm I'm 100% Albion how very dare you besmirch me with such poisonous accusations of being Palace, Urgh I feel dirty at the very thought of it. It seems I got that figure wrong, I did a quick google search to try and discover the Albion and Palaces last financial results and profit/loss. Unfortunately it seems my source for Palace's figures was a Palace biased website that seems to have implemented the 2p in the pound calculation process hence resulting in an erroneous Palace profit!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Erm I'm 100% Albion how very dare you besmirch me with such poisonous accusations of being Palace, Urgh I feel dirty at the very thought of it. It seems I got that figure wrong, I did a quick google search to try and discover the Albion and Palaces last financial results and profit/loss. Unfortunately it seems my source for Palace's figures was a Palace biased website that seems to have implemented the 2p in the pound calculation process hence resulting in an erroneous Palace profit!

Apologies, forgetting that Palace posted a £36m loss last season, is usually a trait of the palace trolls on here.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Or perhaps Dunk has a highest earner clause in his contract which would also explain regular new contracts

Absolutely he does ( I think Duffy and Knockaert do too). Hopefully this is something we will be getting rid of before it escalates to Palace level debts!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here