Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any Hope Left?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
After the Bournemouth debacle I really thought the players would be fired up for the Cardiff game. I must admit I was looking forward to the match thinking that the team’s pride had taken such a battering that they would be fired up and seeking redemption. As we all know that all fizzled out after twenty minutes. The rest is sorry history.

Calamitous as the situation is, we are still two points clear of Cardiff, with a better goal difference, and, a game in hand. I also admit, again, that immediately after the Cardiff game we wouldn’t score another goal, let alone get another point. I would imagine that feeling applied to most Albion fans.

Time has mellowed my thoughts of doom and gloom, but not by much. Is there any chance that from those five remaining games we will be able to scrape four valuable points - enough, maybe, to save our skins, and enough to keep Cardiff out of the equation?

Hope springs eternal and all that, and in my view that’s all we’ve got left.

Safety was there for the taking, just like the championship title was......but as before, we totally bottled it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just one point could do it. That would allow for Cardiff beating either Palace or Fulham, assuming they lose to the other and Liverpool and Man U.

Or even zero points if they lose all four, or lose three and draw one, or even lose two and draw two. (Straw clutching going on here).

But judging by the last two games we probably won't even get zero points.

(but I still think we'll manage to stay up although God knows how)

It will be the Cardiff results against Fulham and Palace that decide our fate, not us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who knows? A dodgy penalty decision to us, or an own goal from the opposition. Football is unpredictable.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We've come a long, long way together
Through the hard times and the good
I have to celebrate you, baby
I have to praise you like I should

Really hate that we don’t use this in any means.

It’s been really bugging me that we as fans are quite bland in our song exposition.

I’ve always wanted us to build something on this FBS ditty but alas we only seem able to handle repeating two syllable words in a monotone fashion. Such a shame as we used to have som we excellent wordsmiths.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We are shocking at the moment and wouldn't be surprised if we don't score another goal all season. Just where is it coming from?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Any hope left?

Sorry, have I missed something? I didn't realise we were suddenly 16 points behind 17th. with 5 games to play. Have we suddenly had a secret points deduction?
We do seem to be doing our best to blow it though.............

SAC

May 21, 2014
It will be the Cardiff results against Fulham and Palace that decide our fate, not us.

Cardiff have been poor all season and will struggle to get three more points all season. It may seem all doom and gloom but 18th place and 31 points is way worse than 19th place and 33 (plus gd).

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Spurs winning last night could be good for us, with out match falling between their two semis.

Err......top six away.....don't hold yer breath.........P10 L10......a lot of huffing and puffing....two or three moments of class....no goal efforts from BHA.....0-3........Scripted.......for Arsenal ( a ).......see Tottenham ( a )

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Err......top six away.....don't hold yer breath.........P10 L10......a lot of huffing and puffing....two or three moments of class....no goal efforts from BHA.....0-3........Scripted.......for Arsenal ( a ).......see Tottenham ( a )

You never know.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We are shocking at the moment and wouldn't be surprised if we don't score another goal all season. Just where is it coming from?

Well maybe one of our midfielders will rip one into the top corner. Someone will deliver an accurate set-piece and a CB will get on the end of it. Quick ball in and Murray will flick one in at the near post. Defence splitting passes to run onto. What was that Everly Bros song ?.....ah yes....." Dream "

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This has echoes of 2 years ago, when we "only" needed one more win from our last 3 games to secure the Championship title.

We're not too great in these situations, are we.

Is it my imagination or do we normally ' tail off ' every season under Hughton.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think so, a draw against Wolves and a scrappy win against Newcastle. So long as we do that, we'll stay up. But **** me it would have been easier to just have beaten Cardiff...

Not lost to Cardiff and I think we would have been fine. Its not just the points difference it's that now Cardiff have belief and that's very powerful

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not lost to Cardiff and I think we would have been fine. Its not just the points difference it's that now Cardiff have belief and that's very powerful
We are very fortunate Cardiff have Liverpool next to hopefully grind their belief back down a bit.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin

Of course, which is why I think a point against Wolves could be our catalyst. Liverpool need to keep their mind on the big prize, City out of CL now so their primary focus on the league. Let's hope Cardiff are turned over and any morale zapped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here