Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can't stand him. He hasn't succeeded anywhere else except Bournemouth (who we know cheated FFP) and even lied to them when he said he wasn't going to leave them, and promptly went to Burnley the very next morning.

So you really would stop going to Brighton if he became manager, would you?
He has only managed Bournemouth and Burnley, for Pete's sake!
Manchester United was the only club Matt Busby managed!

Ken Baileys Ghost

Oct 25, 2010
As a long time watcher from AFCB who seldom posts, can I just take a moment to thank 95% of you for this thread.

It's refreshing to read about AFCB in a positive light on here, we can't help always beating you in the league I know; but I've read some truly memorable anti AFCB/Eddie tripe over the years.

Thanks for a nice day out in a nice town with some excellent beer yesterday.

See you next year.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As a long time watcher from AFCB who seldom posts, can I just take a moment to thank 95% of you for this thread.

It's refreshing to read about AFCB in a positive light on here, we can't help always beating you in the league I know; but I've read some truly memorable anti AFCB/Eddie tripe over the years.

Thanks for a nice day out in a nice town with some excellent beer yesterday.

See you next year.

Well,I hope we see you next year.
Blimey, Ken Bailey's Ghost; please no!
That reminds me of when I lived in Bournemouth from 1970 to 1973 and saw a fair few games in the old stadium with Ted McDougall and Phil Boyer scoring for fun.
Happy days and a nice town too!:thumbsup:

P.S.I can't understand the tripe some of our number write about Eddie, I wish he was our manager!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well,I hope we see you next year.
Blimey, Ken Bailey's Ghost; please no!
That reminds me of when I lived in Bournemouth from 1970 to 1973 and saw a fair few games in the old stadium with Ted McDougall and Phil Boyer scoring for fun.
Happy days and a nice town too!:thumbsup:

P.S.I can't understand the tripe some of our number write about Eddie, I wish he was our manager!

Personally i’m Not that keen on him ...perhaps I have a problem with smug people and it’s clouding my judgement ...would I stop going if that remote possibility of him managing Brighton happens...course not!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Are you aware you've been called an 'old tart' on a Bournemouth forum? :)
https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/smug-eddie.8781/ (#12)

Mostly fair comments.

They do harp on about the infrastructure stuff a bit too much but I guess that is warranted because of a minority of very loud fans that for some reason think Bournemouth are a rival.

They probably get just as much shit thrown their way about being no-marks as us because of history. Them stuffing Chelsea 4-0 was fantastic, wish we could have done that rather than 2 wins vs a dour Man United.

Good luck to them, doubt we'll be playing them next season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Mostly fair comments.

They do harp on about the infrastructure stuff a bit too much but I guess that is warranted because of a minority of very loud fans that for some reason think Bournemouth are a rival.

They probably get just as much shit thrown their way about being no-marks as us because of history. Them stuffing Chelsea 4-0 was fantastic, wish we could have done that rather than 2 wins vs a dour Man United.

Good luck to them, doubt we'll be playing them next season.

Oh I dunno they look safe to me :whistle:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I can't stand him. He hasn't succeeded anywhere else except Bournemouth (who we know cheated FFP) and even lied to them when he said he wasn't going to leave them, and promptly went to Burnley the very next morning.

That's pretty simplistic.

I think its fair to say he has more than succeeded at Bournemouth, as for FFP its just a number of clubs that get promoted on the back of it - I don't agree with it - but to use it as a stick to beat him with is unfair.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's pretty simplistic.

I think its fair to say he has more than succeeded at Bournemouth, as for FFP its just a number of clubs that get promoted on the back of it - I don't agree with it - but to use it as a stick to beat him with is unfair.

Life isn't fair and I'm not logical.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As someone bounced this thread I noticed my original comments about Colin and his tactics. How wrong I was. Apart from understandable time wasting after they went ahead the game seemed to be played in pretty decent spirit. Mind you we didn't exactly put Colin in a position where he felt the need to throw on the equivalent of Santos to kick Andone up into the air.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As someone bounced this thread I noticed my original comments about Colin and his tactics. How wrong I was. Apart from understandable time wasting after they went ahead the game seemed to be played in pretty decent spirit. Mind you we didn't exactly put Colin in a position where he felt the need to throw on the equivalent of Santos to kick Andone up into the air.

Tbh, they played us off the park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here