Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton U23 v Brighton & Hove Albion U23 Monday 15th April 7pm Goodison Park

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Disappointing result but the under 23’s have had a great season. A shame Everton acted like twats on full-time and started a mass brawl.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So pleased to see Alzate come on, such a promising player.

Had a serious back injury (?fracture), whilst on loan to Swindon around November time.

Well played everyone.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Didn't catch the end. Was that a fight or them just celebrating winning the league?

Looked like a foul on a Brighton lad just on the final whistle... he got back up and pushed a little against the Everton player and was then surrounded by 4/5 of them. Just pushing really and over quite quickly!!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Didn't catch the end. Was that a fight or them just celebrating winning the league?

There was a bit of pushing and shoving which then resulted in them celebrating in the faces of our players before our players walked off.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Anyone else thought the officials were bias towards Everton? They wasted so much time it was unbelievable, then to cap it off blew up before the 5minutes added time was up. Perhaps I am looking through blue striped specs and was going by the YouTube clock in the corner of the screen. Oh well......well done Everton and good try Brighton.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watched the second half -smashing game. Good pictures (and free) from Everton TV (is it only 'big' clubs that can provide this, and not us? - I wish we could). Excellent commentary - yes, they were pro Everton, working for Everton TV, but were quite open and honest about that and gave Brighton plenty of credit where it was due - like really making a game of it in the second half. Some good stuff from our lads too - Cochrane looked excellent; shame he's a left back not a right back - he'd be ready to be Montoya's back-up if he was. Sanders and Molumbey looked good too.

One thing about the match that puzzled me, though, The Evertonian commentators kept saying how good were our crosses into the box, both from the left and the right. Geez, come on Simon Rusk - pull your finger out! Haven't you coached that out of them yet? They'll never be ready for the first team at this rate!

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Watched the second half -smashing game. Good pictures (and free) from Everton TV (is it only 'big' clubs that can provide this, and not us? - I wish we could). Excellent commentary - yes, they were pro Everton, working for Everton TV, but were quite open and honest about that and gave Brighton plenty of credit where it was due - like really making a game of it in the second half. Some good stuff from our lads too - Cochrane looked excellent; shame he's a left back not a right back - he'd be ready to be Montoya's back-up if he was. Sanders and Molumbey looked good too.

One thing about the match that puzzled me, though, The Evertonian commentators kept saying how good were our crosses into the box, both from the left and the right. Geez, come on Simon Rusk - pull your finger out! Haven't you coached that out of them yet? They'll never be ready for the first team at this rate!

When he said crosses into the box he meant back passes surely

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Terrific effort 2nd half, the ball was being moved so quickly it was tiring to watch. If only the first team could do it.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
That was a really good game of football , can't ask any more from the lads they tried and came up against a resilient Everton defense , obviously disappointing about the penalty looked like he tapped his own ankle as he went to shoot ! not going to crucify the lad for that , the whole team should be proud of what they've achieved this season , quite a few with exciting futures ahead of them and in truth a couple that simply won't make it , really enjoyed watching Alex Cochrane this season he will be some player if he keeps it up and needs a loan deal next season for sure , one more game to go v Chelsea this season but it must go down as a successful first season in PL2 , hopefully we will get to see more of them next season when the awful current Seagulls TV deal is replaced . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here