Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] IF Cardiff turn us over on Tuesday...

If Cardiff beat us on Tuesday, will they finish above us?

• Yes - we'd go down

Votes: 234 81.5%
  • No - we still have enough about us to stay up

Votes: 53 18.5%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If we don't beat Cardiff on Tuesday (and I think we will) we'll smash Wolves on Saturday and that will be the end of that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where Chris will say "these are a good footballing side with a quality squad who are capable of beating any body on their day and we will be lucky to get any thing from the game"

“Inexpicably, we started slowly tonight, allowing Cardiff to get an early two goal cushion, it was always going to be a tall order after that. But our work rate improved in the second half, which can only be a good thing going into games against ManC and Wolves. I have no complaints over the sending off of Lewis”.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It’s like the championship play off final ....£120million game.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I'll take a scabby, don't care how we do it, 1-0 win tomorrow.

So would I, all day long.

At Fulham, I remember being concerned that not only did we concede four goals in the second half, but in that same half Duffy cleared a shot off the line and Fulham hit the woodwork three times. I prayed I would never see anything like that capitulation ever again - but on Saturday I did. It was beyond awful, and evoked memories of the 2-8 home defeat to Bristol Rovers which I saw in 1973.

In the PL we have, until recently, relied on our defensive strengths to compensate for a less than prolific attack. Now that our defensive qualities have been exposed and we’re not scoring goals, I do worry how we're going to pull ourselves together and squeeze out a win or even a point in our remaining games.

In each of our last three goalless PL games against Bournemouth, Chelsea and Southampton we have managed only 1 shot on target. That's 3 shots in 3 games; relegation stats for sure. We don’t create chances, are too ponderous on the ball and our heads seem to be down, even in games against our "peers". How did it come to this?

Warnock is a veteran of these end-of-season dogfights and will know and apply every (dirty) trick in the book. He is a street fighter and who can blame him. As much as we need the Amex to be a cauldron of noise and support tomorrow night, the likelihood is that we'll have 27,000 ultra-nervous Albion fans scared into silence every time Cardiff surge forward or we give the ball away in a dangerous position. It is going to be a horrible experience for players and fans alike with so much at stake.

I really hope we get the job done tomorrow, preferably not conceding first (which will be a disaster - Cardiff will rattle us and waste time for the rest of the game in that situation).

My nightmare scenario is us needing to win the last game of the season to stay up and City needing to win to clinch the PL title en route to an historic quadruple. That would be a tough ask of the Albion.

My main (crumb of) optimism is that the outcome is still in our own hands. A win tomorrow would steady the ship and almost certainly guarantee our PL survival and I hope for the players' CH’s and TB’s sakes that we manage to achieve that, and rebuild from it for next season.

CH has an uphill task to fire up the team for tomorrow night, which in effect is our “cup final”. All we as fans can do is get behind the manager and team and pray that come 21:30 tomorrow night we'll be on the cusp of PL safety for another season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This maybe massively misguided.

But I don’t think he would pick a team that wasn’t 100 percent committed to winning a game.

I think we need to remember too, that it's largely us fans who are into this local rivalry thing, and to the players it's simply another game.

I so hope I'm proved right, this time around at least!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here