Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DFS and The Goldstone Retail Park

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I bought a super kingsize bed from bensons after Xmas, arrives Monday..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Brighton born and bred. Will not set foot on desecrated ground. If, IF, there was a proper memorial to nearly 100 years of hugely cultural and sporting significance to my town/city then I might feel different. But a ****ing £200 sign tacked onto a corner of Hove Park is an insult.

It cost a lot more than £200 and the money was raised by the fans.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Maybe people who live in Hove can move on but I think it's raw-er for those who have moved away. I drove past it for the first time in 20 years last season and it just moved emotions in me, it was a horrible horrible experience to see what it had become and the nostalgia of my youth came flooding back. Made me sad, I could never go in

My thoughts entirely, but accept that for younger fans with little or no recollection of the Goldstone, they may think differently. Pure nostalgia, not that there is anything wrong with that, but on real reflection, the famous old ground had become very decrepit latterly and was increasingly unfit for purpose -doesn't make its sale any more morally justifiable, however.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Difficult one, and each to their own. I loved the time we were there, and I am proud of the steps we have taken to get where we are now. The time spent at the Goldstone will always be my formative years, and to this day I will not drive the Shoreham road, despite working just behind the Goldstone. I just take a detour to avoid. Just have memories that I don't want changed. New fans will not understand, and thats fine, just pray they won't have to.
The Goldstone is dead, Long live Falmer.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
When Archer is dead (hoping, hoping this is the year - long and painful illness first) I'll be able to draw some sort of line.

In fact, I propose a NSC Nandos knees-up to see the cvnt off

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Stand corrected and I apologise. However, it's still (imho) a vital but wholly inadequate tribute to the ground and its memories.

I would like something on the ground itself, but then would it ever be seen if so many are avoiding it?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Me neither. I suspect the percentage is quite high amongst the more mature posters :blush:

I’m 41. I like a Nando’s every now and again. Had my first Taco Bell last week too. Lots of food for not much money.

Nando’s is alright.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I the only person never to have been to Nando's?

I'd like to think I'm one of the many who's been to Nando's once.

It took me ages of staring at the massive menu, before I suddenly realised 'there's nothing on here'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread has rather stuck with me.

It makes perfect sense to me, for esp the OP, then everybody else to hold this opinion if they'd 'lost'.
I couldn't imagine doing what he did, giving up all that time, effort, money.
All the stress and legal shite only to end up with only Creepy as Sussex representation in league football, while looking wistfully at Plucky and god forbid them up the road.

I just don't understand how after all that shite culminated in a box at a 30,000 seat stadium with local produce, surrounded by fan acknowledgement.
While on the pitch if form has it's way the team could be in contention for the Everton Cup when spring has sprung.

Shirley that has to be the very definition of 'bored of winning'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here