Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Funeral directors ripping it up.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They rip you off at the registrars too. The year my family died I had to pay I think £15 for each death certificate, you always need a few for each person and that’s doubled if you forget any and have to go back and get them retrospectively. Yep funerals are overpriced and we couldn’t organise them before as they died suddenly. You just hand it over because you don’t want the fuss.

Paid £4 for each additional copy - need to get them at the time you register the death, not later..........otherwise much more expensive.

I’ve just paid just over £4k in total - that included buying a double plot at the cemetery, coffin, limo, flowers, announcements in the paper and fee for the celebrant guy for the service. At least there is no VAT.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Paid £4 for each additional copy - need to get them at the time you register the death, not later..........otherwise much more expensive.

I’ve just paid just over £4k in total - that included buying a double plot at the cemetery, coffin, limo, flowers, announcements in the paper and fee for the celebrant guy for the service. At least there is no VAT.

I can’t remember the total cost but I buried my Mum , my Dad and my Brother that year. It was about 12k.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
That's good to hear that you felt comfortable with them and they looked after you and they didn't take advantage.

It appears a lot don't do this.

I wondered why a number of undertakers have been taken over by continental firms, a recent funeral which had been preplanned eight years ago at a price of £1035, however you must ensure that the owners are well established British firms

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can’t remember the total cost but I buried my Mum , my Dad and my Brother that year. It was about 12k.

Ouch, the cost in money is immaterial in this case.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The trouble with Funeral Directors is that they think we are all a bunch of 'Window Lickers'(SIC) that will pay anything.
Widow lickers Shirley.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The price of coffins is extortionate given that all you do is burn them, or leave them at the bottom of a large hole.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The price of coffins is extortionate given that all you do is burn them, or leave them at the bottom of a large hole.

I'm requesting a cardboard one. I just hope it isn't raining hard on the day of my funeral.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
The trouble with Funeral Directors is that they think we are all a bunch of 'Window Lickers'(SIC) that will pay anything.

Possibly one of the nastiest comments ever been posted on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

It's bad for the pitch apparently, but you can be scattered in the Memorial Garden and buy a plaque there.

I see that as a excuse, I am qualified in turf management and had ashes spread over 3mm grass on putting greens and there was never any short or long term effect. I am not a chemist but surely they are rich in potash.

D

Deleted member 2719

If you want your ashes scattered on the North Stand penalty spot, surely this is thinking inside the box?

I like it but of course I was talking thinking outside the wooden box!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My mother died about 3 years ago and I took pot luck with the funeral directors, it was quite pricey even for a simple funeral and I was stunned, shocked and horrified by their hard sell attempts to get my daughter and I to purchase glass jewellery that I could put some of my soon to be cremated Mother's ashes in ! It seemed almost every small detail cost an incredible amount of money. I will try to arrange dying in a gas explosion at home as a way of preserving my daughter's inheritance. ( yes, the house IS insured ! )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here